This Guy Was Bullied In School For Being Gay, Now His Cosplay Is Taking Over Instagram
Jonathan Stryker is a cosplayer from Miami, Florida whose incredible cosplaying skills will put everyone to shame. He gained most of his media attention by dressing up as Disney princes and Johny Depp characters for 10 days.
More: Instagram h/t: demilked
Stryker has been cosplaying for 10 years now, and it’s definitely more than a hobby for him, he creates every single costume himself,
“I try to remain original in my costumes and never try to stick to the specific design of the character, always adding more to their “look” hoping to make them better and unique”, says Stryker.
In an interview with Miami New Times, Stryker explained that his life was not as easy as it might seem, it was especially hard during his teenage years,
“I’m gay and in high school. Guys would chase me around, so I would sit at the gym and read my comic books. That’s why [cosplay] is so dear to my heart. I didn’t have a lot of friends; I didn’t talk to anyone. It was a comfort zone for me. Cosplay [has given] me a lot of confidence.”
Now Stryker has more than 100k followers on Instagram who praise his incredible talent. Scroll down to see his work yourself!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Comics That Show Situations Almost Anyone Can Relate To
- Heroic and Fantasy Pin-Up Female Portraits by Kyu Yong Eom
- Portraits of Lovely Ladies Featured on the Covers of Radio Control Modeler Magazines From the 1970s and 1980s
- Raul Moreno Coslado’s Grotesque Portraits and Illustrations
- The Superb Graphic Novels and Character Art Works of Jordi Lafebre
- French Photographer Sophie Fontaine Shoots Poignant Portraits In Film
- Butts on Things: Illustrator Brian Cook Draws Butts on Everything
- Bloody Conan and The Beloved Superheroes: Comic Illustrations by Mahmud Asrar
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers