Russian Tuning Specialists Put Tank Treads On A Bentley To Create “Bentley Ultratank”
The tuning specialists from the popular Russian YouTube channel AcademeG have taken a Bentley Continental GT coupe and removed the doors while replacing the wheels with tank-like tracks. They dubbed their creation “Ultratank.”
Actually, the modifications go well beyond what we can see. The frame was completely reworked and a solid axle was mounted in the rear to power the tracks via an automatic transmission equipped with a torque converter.
One cool detail is the steering. While the wheel comes straight from a production Continental GT, a unique mechanism was fitted to apply the brakes to the inside track when the car needs to turn. As power continues to flow to the outside track, the car is able to change directions.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- Turkish Artist Hossein Diba Creates These Creepy Realistic Recreations Of “The Simpsons” Characters That Will Give You Nightmares
- Photographer Analyzes Brain Waves To Construct Portraits Of People’s Ideal Selves
- Artist Avner Geller Perfectly Illustrates Things He Has Accidentally Overheard
- We Regret To Inform You That Lace Men’s Shorts Are Here For The Summer
- Metal Albums Look Much Less Scary With Googly Eyes
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of The Grateful Dead’s Wall Of Sound, 1974
- This Unbelievable 1959 Curtiss-Wright Model 2500 Air-Car
- A Photographer’s Aerial Photos Of Parked Planes Show Just How Far The Airline Industry Has Fallen During The Lockdown