Russian Tuning Specialists Put Tank Treads On A Bentley To Create “Bentley Ultratank”
The tuning specialists from the popular Russian YouTube channel AcademeG have taken a Bentley Continental GT coupe and removed the doors while replacing the wheels with tank-like tracks. They dubbed their creation “Ultratank.”
Actually, the modifications go well beyond what we can see. The frame was completely reworked and a solid axle was mounted in the rear to power the tracks via an automatic transmission equipped with a torque converter.
One cool detail is the steering. While the wheel comes straight from a production Continental GT, a unique mechanism was fitted to apply the brakes to the inside track when the car needs to turn. As power continues to flow to the outside track, the car is able to change directions.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Accidentally Brilliant Shots By Edas Won
- 18 Astoundingly Accurate Diagrams Showing What It’s Really Like To Be An Introvert
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Joyful Illustrations of the Artist Who Misses Soviet Days
- Beautiful Portraits of Highland Park High School Teenage Girls, 1947
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Amazing Snapshots Capture Street Life in New York City From the Mid-1930s to the End of the 1940s
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women