Pantone Just Released A Period-Colored Paint and It’s Called “Period” Red
What do you get when you combine an intimate healthcare brand with a paint company? Period blood color, the perfect shade to represent periods. The Pantone Colour Institute just partnered with Intimina to release a custom Pantone red color to represent menstruation. We aren’t just painting walls, we’re breaking down the ones that contribute to the stigmas surrounding periods.
Intimina is a Swedish brand dedicated to helping women and their reproductive health needs through information and quality products.
As part of a new campaign by Intimina to make menstruation more visible and normalize this most normal of bodily functions, The Pantone Colour Institute has created Period—an original shade of red that represents a steady flow during menstruation. The color Period is an energizing and dynamic red shade that serves as the banner for Intimina’s ‘Seen+Heard’ campaign, which is designed to empower and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, to have more accurate and honest conversations around menstruation.
View this post on Instagram
Paint it "Period"!🩸🩸🩸We partnered with The Pantone Color Institute to create a shade to represent an empowering, steady flow. Menstruation is a life force we are born with, and it's time we talk about this normal bodily function accurately. ❤️💪🏻#intiminaXpantone #periodcolor
Not only has the Seen+Heard campaign helped normalize conversations surrounding menstruation, Intimina has also donated £2,000 to ActionAid, an international charity that works with women and girls living in poverty.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wearing Futuristic Protective Suits, Washington State Crews Destroy First US Murder Hornet Nest
- Beautiful Bizarre: Weird and Wonderful Post-Mortem Fairy Tales by Mothmeister
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- The Winners of the Luminar Bug Photography Awards 2020 Have Just Been Announced
- Unusual Maps People Shared On This Group That Might Change Your Perspective On Things
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Wear Mask. Save Live”: Borat Had Made Hilarious Appearances on Major Landmarks Across the UK
- The Most Diabolically Evil-Looking Buildings In The World
- Artist Raises Thousands for Charity with Hilarious Pet Portraits
- Austria Postal Service Prints Coronavirus-Themed Stamp on Toilet Paper