Pantone Just Released A Period-Colored Paint and It’s Called “Period” Red
What do you get when you combine an intimate healthcare brand with a paint company? Period blood color, the perfect shade to represent periods. The Pantone Colour Institute just partnered with Intimina to release a custom Pantone red color to represent menstruation. We aren’t just painting walls, we’re breaking down the ones that contribute to the stigmas surrounding periods.
Intimina is a Swedish brand dedicated to helping women and their reproductive health needs through information and quality products.
As part of a new campaign by Intimina to make menstruation more visible and normalize this most normal of bodily functions, The Pantone Colour Institute has created Period—an original shade of red that represents a steady flow during menstruation. The color Period is an energizing and dynamic red shade that serves as the banner for Intimina’s ‘Seen+Heard’ campaign, which is designed to empower and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, to have more accurate and honest conversations around menstruation.
View this post on Instagram
Paint it "Period"!🩸🩸🩸We partnered with The Pantone Color Institute to create a shade to represent an empowering, steady flow. Menstruation is a life force we are born with, and it's time we talk about this normal bodily function accurately. ❤️💪🏻#intiminaXpantone #periodcolor
Not only has the Seen+Heard campaign helped normalize conversations surrounding menstruation, Intimina has also donated £2,000 to ActionAid, an international charity that works with women and girls living in poverty.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Woman Put A Water Fountain With A Camera In Her Yard, Here Are Stunning Photos Of Regular Visitors
- This Photoshop Wizard Is Turning Random People’s Photos Into Movie Posters
- “In The Midnight”: Denny Busyet Creates Dreamlike Artwork Inspired by 80s and 90s Aesthetic Nostalgia Fuelled by Synthwave
- Japanese Photographer Captures Breathtaking Shots of Shrine in A Swirling Sea of Fireflies
- World Sports Photography Awards 2021: The Best Sports Photos Captured Over the Past 25 Years
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Floral Aesthetic Tattoo Concepts by Jessie Cohen
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Human Salt Lick – The Most Hipster Christmas Gift Of All Time
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life