Meerkats snuggle against each other for warmth at a zoo in Belgrade, Serbia. (Darko Vojinovic/Associated Press)
About 800 children and teachers from 14 schools, and volunteers gather to form an image of the Chinese white dolphin on Repulse Bay Beach in Hong Kong. (Kin Cheung/Associated Press)
Steve Jobs’s yacht was has been unveiled in a Dutch shipyard, where the unusual boat designed by Jobs and famed minimalist designer Philippe Starck was christened “Venus”, after the Roman goddess of love, beauty, sex, fertility, prosperity and victory.
According to Dutch website OneMoreThing, the finished ship was launched at shipbuilder Koninklijke De Vries in Aalsmeer in the Netherlands. Jobs’s widow Laurene and three of their children, Reed, Aaron and Eve, were at the ceremony. Continue »
Ostankino Tower is a television and radio tower in Moscow, Russia. Standing 540.1 metres (1,772 ft) tall, Ostankino was designed by Nikolai Nikitin. It is currently the tallest freestanding structure in Europe and sixth tallest in the world. The tower was the first free-standing structure to exceed 500 m (1,600 ft) in height. Ostankino was built to mark the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution. It is named after the Ostankino district of Moscow in which it is located. Continue »
“1955 was a year of change for Marilyn Monroe. After leaving Hollywood for New York, and abandoning her contract with Twentieth Century Fox, Marilyn was no longer “just a dumb blonde”, but a true renegade. In January, Marilyn formed a production company with photographer Milton Greene, and moved into a suite at the Ambassador Hotel. Continue »
A little less than two years ago when Disneyland was promoting the new Star Tours attraction, they came out with this very funny video of Darth Vader on vacation at Disneyland. With the big news that dropped on Tuesday, that video has been updated and turned into a cute commercial that fits in with the famous “What Are You Going to Do Next” commercial series.
Since Disney purchased Lucasfilm for $4 billion, Darth Vader went to the happiest place on earth to enjoy the sights and rides at Disneyland, ranging from frolicking in the Dumbo ride to spinning in a tea cup. Continue »
What do double rainbows, baby penguins and “ninja” kangaroos have in common? They’re the focus of some of the best images submitted for the 2012 National Geographic Photo Contest. Judges will look at creativity, photographic quality and authenticity of the content across three broad categories: people, places and nature. The magazine will feature the best photographs from each category as well as the $10,000 grand-prize winning shot.
(PHOTO: Lalith Ekanayake/National Geographic Photo Contest)
The progeny, a solitary chick, amidst the adult Great Crested Terns, taken from a prone position, with a wide-angle lens, at a breeding site on a Sri Lankan island off north-western seas. Continue »
Rihanna rocked the lingerie look at Wednesday night’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show in New York, providing the highlight of the live-music soundtrack and holding her own on the catwalk with some of the world’s top models.
And those models even had props, including Adriana Lima’s ringmaster wand, Doutzen Kroes’ body cage and several pairs of the oversized wings that the retailer has made its signature. It would be a close contest who got the biggest wings: Toni Garrn’s giant poppy pair or Miranda Kerr’s swan-style feathered pouf. Only Lily Aldridge could boast star-spangled wings that shot out silver sparkles.
Photos by Charles Sykes and Evan Agostini / Invision.
Lily Donaldson appears backstage in hair and makeup at The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York. Continue »
Jake Dimmock, co-owner of the Northwest Patient Resource Center medical marijuana dispensary, works with flowering plants in a grow room in Seattle. After voters weighed in on election day, Colorado and Washington became the first states to allow legal pot for recreational use, but they are likely to face resistance from federal regulations. (Ted S. Warren/Associated Press)
Seven giant panda cubs that were recently born sleep while meeting with the public at the Chengdu Research Base. (AP) Continue »
Bicycles are partially buried in the snow after heavy snowfall in Yanqing county near Beijing, China. (Associated Press)
Summit, an Australian shepherd, makes a leaping catch of a frisbee at the pet trade fair (Heimtiermesse) at Velodrom on November 2, 2012 in Berlin, Germany. Exhibitors are showing the latest trends in collars, snacks and other accessories for cats, dogs and other household pets. (Photo by Sean Gallup) Continue »
Daisy Lowe for Love Magazine #7 S/S 2012 by Toby McFarland Pond. Continue »
Distant Light is an independent clothing brand established in Los Angeles. Based off of the quote, “follow the light at the end of the tunnel”, Distant Light strives to achieve an authentic style constructed around perseverance. Producing only the highest quality of goods and apparel, once a product is sold out it may never be reproduced again. We find our brand inspired by a strong mix of tunnels, skateboarding, and stormy weather. Influenced by the doers, Distant Light communicates the power of determination and creating yourself. Continue »
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 197,430 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 30,863 - Photography
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 7,846 - Inspirations
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 4,258 - Inspirations
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 3,741 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 2,650 - Photography
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 2,154 - Travel
- Artist Blends Modern Graffiti With Ancient Calligraphy To Create Stunning NSFW Pieces Using Naked Women’s Bodies As A Canvas Views today: 1,710 - Design
- This Guy Photoshops His Dog Into A Giant In All His Pics And It’s Hilarious Views today: 1,468 - Inspirations
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’ Views today: 1,451 - Photography
- “Memoirs Of The Geisha” – A Look Back At The Traditional Japanese Female Entertainers Views today: 1,394 - Photography
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s Views today: 1,317 - Photography
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 1,228 - Inspirations
- Meet Oreo, The World’s First Cat Nurse Views today: 1,097 - Animals
- The Amazing Makeup By Lucia Pittalis Views today: 1,081 - Inspirations