This Artist Walks All Day To Create Massive Dragon Mural In Snowy Siberia
Map orienter turned professional snowshoe artist, Simon Beck has once again created a spectacular display of large-scale snow art, this time in Yakutsk, Siberia. This colossal snow dragon was made for a film still in production called Drakony. Using raquettes (snowshoes), Beck spends hours trudging through the snow to build up fantastic icy designs.
The diligent artist’s sensational snow patterns feature stunning geometric shapes that can only be properly comprehended from afar, above ground level. Typically Beck plods out each design, walking anywhere from 5 to 9 hours in a session and continuing into the evening if he is not overly exhausted. He began to create his snow art one day when he wanted a little exercise. Grabbing a compass, he headed out to a snow covered lake to walk out a pattern of a pentangle.
After issues with his feet meant that he could no longer continue orienteering map-making seriously, he turned to snow art as a form of low-key exercise, with the eventual idea of building up a collection of pictures and putting together a book. His recently completed Snow Art features over 200 of his snow designs, and is currently available on his website.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Slav Romance: Heartbreaking Drama Story In Ten Pictures
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- 12 Screen Adaptation Characters Who Are Significantly Different From The Original
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- Swedish Artist Group Called Anonymouse Continues To Create Tiny Houses For Mouses The Around City
- “Eighth Wonder Of The World”: The Sacred Orthodox Rock Church Of Saint George In Lalibela, Ethiopia