This Artist Walks All Day To Create Massive Dragon Mural In Snowy Siberia
Map orienter turned professional snowshoe artist, Simon Beck has once again created a spectacular display of large-scale snow art, this time in Yakutsk, Siberia. This colossal snow dragon was made for a film still in production called Drakony. Using raquettes (snowshoes), Beck spends hours trudging through the snow to build up fantastic icy designs.
The diligent artist’s sensational snow patterns feature stunning geometric shapes that can only be properly comprehended from afar, above ground level. Typically Beck plods out each design, walking anywhere from 5 to 9 hours in a session and continuing into the evening if he is not overly exhausted. He began to create his snow art one day when he wanted a little exercise. Grabbing a compass, he headed out to a snow covered lake to walk out a pattern of a pentangle.
After issues with his feet meant that he could no longer continue orienteering map-making seriously, he turned to snow art as a form of low-key exercise, with the eventual idea of building up a collection of pictures and putting together a book. His recently completed Snow Art features over 200 of his snow designs, and is currently available on his website.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Adorable German Shorthair Assumes Many Different Looks And Poses In Whimsical Photo Series
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- 25 Rare And Cool Polaroid Prints Of Teen Girls In The 1970s
- Mind-Blowing Before And After Pictures Of Makeup Makeovers
- Beauties Of Octoberfest, The World’s Most Iconic Beer Festival 2019
- These Pics Are Composed Of As Many Pixels As There Are Animals Still Alive In These Species
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Terrible Rough Drafts from Your Favorite Movies