British Artist’s Evocative Ceramic Sculptures Offer A Slice Of Summer
Fascinated by food, the way we eat, and the rituals of treats and indulgence; artist Anna Barlow exercises dexterous ceramics-wizardry to create these stunningly original sculptures from clay, porcelain and glaze.
Capturing the evocative, fleeting moments of melting ice creams on a summer’s day, the pieces evoke tastes, memories and contemplations.
The textures Barlow has achieved are magical, the biscuity wafers and trickling ice cream and sauce quite simply leave you salivating – if not foaming at the mouth – over her remarkable creations, and the range of emotions brought on by such a seemingly simple vision is curiously profound.
What’s more is that, starting from £100, Anna’s works fall into the seriously-affordable art category – so, if the sight of her works alone weren’t making you feel gleeful enough, the prospect of owning your own little slice of summer emotion surely will.
Via We Heart
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of the Lincoln Continental Mark V
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Realistic Animal Paintings Show How We Neglect Them
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Richard Saunders Creates Giant Bushes In The Shape Of His Deceased Cat
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets