Artist Duo STALLMAN Create ‘Canvas On Edge’ Collection
Artists Stephen Stum and Jason Hallman of STALLMAN, work together to create their “Canvas on Edge” collection.
Stallman is pioneering a new technique using paint and canvas as sculpture, naming this body of work Canvas on Edge. They are taking canvas and paint and giving it a creative edge. Now the canvas has the leading role, creating form, highlight and movement.
The cut edge of the canvas creates an elevated line drawing and when seen at an angle, fields of color emerge as your perspective to the piece changes.
Each length of painted canvas is bonded to itself and to the background creating a rigid structure within the frame.
The hue of the painted canvas reflects on the background creating a spectrum of color. By using reflecting light, pigment and structure they can multiply the hues and tones within each sculpture.
We create together, one acting as the right side of the brain and the other, the left. Our union of dynamic minds dissolves the boundaries of what is possible turning the ordinary into extraordinary.
We are pioneering a visionary technique using paint and canvas as sculpture. We are taking this traditional medium, which artists have been using for hundreds of years and giving it a creative edge. Now the canvas has the leading role, creating form, highlight and movement.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- Vietnamese Artist Creates Surreal Illustrations Of Animals and Cute Things in the Forest
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- Emotional Celebrity Portraits By Marc Hom