Old Photos Reveal How Disney’s Animators Used a Real-Life Model to Draw Alice in Wonderland
Kathryn Beaumont, the actor who voiced both Alice in Disney’s Alice in Wonderland and Wendy in Disney’s Peter Pan, also modeled for the animators. These old photos show how much effort was put into classical animation at the Disney studio, where artists were able to produce as many as 23-24 seconds of animation per week.
Walt Disney chose Beaumont to be the voice of Alice when she was just ten years old. He was so impressed by her looks that he chose her for the model of Alice. After Beaumont finished her studies she went on to become an elementary teacher, a career that lasted thirty years. She was named a “Disney Legend” by the Walt Disney Company in 1998.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Beautiful Photos Of John Lennon With His First Wife Cynthia At Their Home In 1965
- This AI Turns Your Headshot Into A Renaissance Masterpeace
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- Playful Photos of Polar Bears Frolicking in Flower Fields During Summer
- Polish Artist Designs Shoсking Ads Of Major Companies That Show The Harsh Reality
- This Is A Fresh-Baked French Bread Plush Pillow
- 1950s Airstream Trailer Restored as Modern Mobile Home with Cozy Wood Interior
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art