The Latest Innovation In Child Prosthetics Showcases Super Heroes And Disney Characters
As part of the “Disney Accelerator” program, powered by Techstars, company Open Bionics created an amazing line of Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars themed bionic prosthetic hands.
“They’re not just getting medical devices, they’re getting bionic hands inspired by their favorite characters.”
The line includes three different models: Tony Stark’s iconic Ironman arm, Elsa’s glove from Frozen, and a Star Wars Jedi-style robotic arm. And they’re completely changing the way young amputees see their “disabilities.”
“Now kids can get excited about their prosthetics. They won’t have to do boring physical therapy, they’ll train to become heroes. They’re not just getting medical devices, they’re getting bionic hands inspired by their favorite characters.”
They no longer see their condition as a disability to be discouraged about… But rather, a privilege to feel fortunate about.
But the ingenious arms aren’t only an enormous mood-booster. They’re also highly intelligent and allow young amputees to accomplish a number of tasks they couldn’t otherwise.
Hip hip hooray for modern-day innovations with a real purpose. Bravo, Open Bionics.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Life Before The Taliban: Photos Show Afghanistan Before It Plunged Into Hell
- The Paul Milinski Retro Futuristic Dreamscapes Are Serenity Manifest