The Latest Innovation In Child Prosthetics Showcases Super Heroes And Disney Characters
As part of the “Disney Accelerator” program, powered by Techstars, company Open Bionics created an amazing line of Marvel, Disney, and Star Wars themed bionic prosthetic hands.
“They’re not just getting medical devices, they’re getting bionic hands inspired by their favorite characters.”
The line includes three different models: Tony Stark’s iconic Ironman arm, Elsa’s glove from Frozen, and a Star Wars Jedi-style robotic arm. And they’re completely changing the way young amputees see their “disabilities.”
“Now kids can get excited about their prosthetics. They won’t have to do boring physical therapy, they’ll train to become heroes. They’re not just getting medical devices, they’re getting bionic hands inspired by their favorite characters.”
They no longer see their condition as a disability to be discouraged about… But rather, a privilege to feel fortunate about.
But the ingenious arms aren’t only an enormous mood-booster. They’re also highly intelligent and allow young amputees to accomplish a number of tasks they couldn’t otherwise.
Hip hip hooray for modern-day innovations with a real purpose. Bravo, Open Bionics.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Stunning Winning Photos Of Nature inFocus Photography Contest 2021
- The Jaw-Dropping Photography by Kaiyhun
- This Vet Clinic Has The Best & Funniest Outdoor Signs
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- “Nature Under Threat”: The winning Images of The Cop26 Photographic Competition 2021
- “Behind You”: One-Picture Horror Stories That We Do Not Recommend Reading Alone
- “Colors”: Winners & Merit Awards Of AAP Magazine’s Photo Contest
- Photographer Blair Bunting Powerfully Captures Awe-Inspiring Shots of Trains in Motion
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- The Expressive Digital Fashion Collages by Charles Bentley