100-Year-Old Church Given New Life As Mesmerizing Skate Park With Vibrant Murals
Okuda San Miguel (aka Okudart) has transformed a historic church in Llanera, Spain into a colorful haven for skateboarders. Created in collaboration with La Iglesia Skate park and Red Bull, the artist covered the interior sanctuary in vibrant colors and patterns that match the intensity of the sport.
The project is titled Kaos Temple, and construction on it started and finished earlier this month. Miguel began by painting around the windows and over the vaulted ceilings, leaving no area untouched. Everywhere you turn, there’s a mesmerizing sight to behold. Faceted faces and geometric portraits of animals gaze down from the center of the room, while rainbows and color gradients line the curve of the arches.
After the painting was complete, the ramps were built in place. It’s here that the site takes its final form: a visually inspiring and welcoming locale where skateboarders can grind their favorite tricks. And when they’re not on the ramps, Kaos Temple includes seating to admire and explore all that Miguel’s work has to offer.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2021
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- DEKOCHARI: The Youth of Japan Customise Their Pushbikes in Extreme Ways
- “Captivate!”: Fashionable 90s in Amazing Nostalgic Photos
- The Wining Images of The Female in Focus Photography Awards 2021
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Photographer Captures The Mystical Beauty of Czech Forests
- Fascinating Winning Photos Of the 2021 Siena International Photo Awards
- Gorgeous Moody & Stylish Female Portrait Photography By Danny Batista