100-Year-Old Church Given New Life As Mesmerizing Skate Park With Vibrant Murals
Okuda San Miguel (aka Okudart) has transformed a historic church in Llanera, Spain into a colorful haven for skateboarders. Created in collaboration with La Iglesia Skate park and Red Bull, the artist covered the interior sanctuary in vibrant colors and patterns that match the intensity of the sport.
The project is titled Kaos Temple, and construction on it started and finished earlier this month. Miguel began by painting around the windows and over the vaulted ceilings, leaving no area untouched. Everywhere you turn, there’s a mesmerizing sight to behold. Faceted faces and geometric portraits of animals gaze down from the center of the room, while rainbows and color gradients line the curve of the arches.
After the painting was complete, the ramps were built in place. It’s here that the site takes its final form: a visually inspiring and welcoming locale where skateboarders can grind their favorite tricks. And when they’re not on the ramps, Kaos Temple includes seating to admire and explore all that Miguel’s work has to offer.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Vintage Photos That Show How Life Before AutoCAD Looked Like
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- The Worst Book Covers On Amazon
- Parked Cars Under Streetlamps In 1970s New York City
- Photographer Anthimos Ntagkas Captures Mystically Unexpected Street Pictures
- Couple Recreates “Alien” Birth Scene For Maternity Photo Shoot
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Badass Women Riding Their Choppers
- Simple Yet Funny Drawings By Gabriel Sancho
- Shanghai Studio Creates Posters To Help Fight Against Coronavirus, Inspired By Vintage Chinese Public Health Notices
- The Story Of The Wind And The Sea: Latvia-Based Vietnamese Artist Perfectly Illustrates Baltic Tales And Legends