100-Year-Old Church Given New Life As Mesmerizing Skate Park With Vibrant Murals
Okuda San Miguel (aka Okudart) has transformed a historic church in Llanera, Spain into a colorful haven for skateboarders. Created in collaboration with La Iglesia Skate park and Red Bull, the artist covered the interior sanctuary in vibrant colors and patterns that match the intensity of the sport.
The project is titled Kaos Temple, and construction on it started and finished earlier this month. Miguel began by painting around the windows and over the vaulted ceilings, leaving no area untouched. Everywhere you turn, there’s a mesmerizing sight to behold. Faceted faces and geometric portraits of animals gaze down from the center of the room, while rainbows and color gradients line the curve of the arches.
After the painting was complete, the ramps were built in place. It’s here that the site takes its final form: a visually inspiring and welcoming locale where skateboarders can grind their favorite tricks. And when they’re not on the ramps, Kaos Temple includes seating to admire and explore all that Miguel’s work has to offer.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Snapshots Of Stripteasers From The 1980s At Downtown Los Angeles Venues
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow
- “Namaha”: The Mythologic India In Stunning Illustrations By Abhishek Singh
- Breathtaking WWII Colorized Photos Look Like They Were Taken Yesterday
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- Artist Makes Witty And Quirky Inanimate Object Illustrations That Are Oddly Relatable
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Spectacular Winning Images Of 2021 Black & White MonoVisions Photography Awards
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984