Pantone Have Announced Their Two Colours Of The Year For 2016
Goodbye rich, passionate, earthy marsala. Hello peace and calm. Pantone has announced its colour of the year for 2016, and this time, there’s a pretty major twist.
Oooooooh. Ahhhhhh. (Picture: Pantone)
Rather than selecting one colour to represent all that’s going on in the world, they’ve chosen two – for the first time ever.
So, *drum roll*, here they are. The colours of the year for 2016 are Rose Quartz (PANTONE 13-1520) and Serenity (PANTONE 15-3919).
Pantone’s colours of the year for 2016 are Rose Quartz and Serenity (Picture: Twitter/Pantone
Rose Quartz is a soft pink shade, described by Pantone as ‘a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure.’ Sure sure.
Serenity, meanwhile, is light blue; ‘weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.’ Cool.
Together, the colours embody calm and relaxation – and they have a deeper meaning.
Ed Norton’s take on the Rose Quartz and Serenity. (Picture: Getty)
Pantone hopes Rose Quartz and Serenity will act as a soothing counterbalance to all the stresses of the modern world, fulfilling our deeper ‘yearning for reassurance and security’.
PANTONE proudly announces the #ColoroftheYear 2016 as Serenity and Rose Quartz, a harmonious pairing of complementary shades. The seamless union of #Serenity and #RoseQuartz creates balance in a chaotic world by providing the perfect counterpoint to the fast-paced, fractured and hurried lives we live. Click the link in our bio for more info.
The colours also symbolise a new embrace of gender fluidity, showing two stereotypically male and female colours coming together in one blur.
The colours represent gender fluidity. (Picture: Getty)
And – as noted by Quartz – the colours are pretty similar to those on the transgender pride flag.
Drake’s already a big fan.
Reactions to the colours have been mixed, with a lot of people commenting that they seem a little baby shower-ish. But we have a feeling we’ll grow to like them. They do feel quite soothing.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- These 3-D Portraits Were Created Using Only A Person’s DNA
- Urban Explorer Visits Abandoned Japanese Love Motel Of Naughty Attractions
- Siberian Farm Cats Are Waiting For Spring To Come In Marvelous Photos By Alla Lebedeva
- 40-Foot Studebaker President: The World’s Biggest Passenger Car
- “Blackest Paint Colored Brush”: Suerb Horror, Fantasy And Sci-Fi Drawings Of Christopher Lovell
- Emergency Workers From Around The Globe Take Part In The ‘Tetris Challenge’!
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Summer Beach Knife Oil Paintings By Alena Shymchonak
- Breathtaking Wildlife Macro Photography In The Borneo Rainforest By Chien C. Lee