Incredible Street Art And Installations By Pavel Puhov aka Pavel 183
Check some awesome street art works and installations, created by Pavel Puhov aka Pavel 183, a russian street art terrorist.
Pavel Pukhov fell in love with free expression when, as an 11-year-old, he stumbled upon Moscow’s infamous Tsoi Wall, an alleyway in central Moscow covered in graffiti and messages commemorating the life and cult following of rock star Viktor Tsoi.
Pavel 183’s works range from murals spray-painted on public structures to combinations of audio and video, at times accompanied by a political message. His works have been compared with those of the British street artist Banksy, and U.S. artist Keith Haring.
Like Banksy, Pukhov chose to keep his true identity a secret, revealing only a few biographical details on his website, including his birth and residence in Moscow and his degree in communicative design. However, he did not like the comparison, after 14 years spent forming his own style.
He attacked advertising for its power to deprive people of free will. He described designers as money makers and contrasts them with real artists, whose work he respects most. He was best known for his socially critical installations and grey-scale photorealistic murals. Later in his career, Pukhov explored different techniques of creation, eventually learning to draw in the dark with lights and to incorporate existing environmental aides, such as Moscow’s waterways and concrete spaces.
While his works addressed political issues, he claimed not to consider himself a “political artist”. One of his last works addresses the issue of the 2011 Russian legislative election, the results of which many in Moscow and around Russia have disputed.
Pavel 183 died on 1 April 2013 from undisclosed causes. The cause of death was not released, and sources have given conflicting reports regarding the cause of death. The Times’ Ben Hoyle wrote the Russian street art community was “in mourning.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Stunning Photographs of Ellen O’Neal, The Greatest Woman Freestyle Skateboarder in the 1970s
- Misty Lochs, Magical Woods and Spectacular Lightning Strikes: Feast Your Eyes on The Incredible Winning Shots for The 2020 Landscape Photographer of The Year Awards
- Japanese Photographer Captures Stunningly Gorgeous Photoshoot of Tokyo Station During a Typhoon
- The Scariest Halloween Pumpkins Ever Carved
- Amazing Black and White Photographs Capture Everyday Life in France During the Mid-20th Century
- Bums for The Bush: The Cheeky Campaign Helping Aussie Farmers
- Graphic Artist Reimagines Children’s Board Games As Superb Horror Movie Posters
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers