Incredible Street Art And Installations By Pavel Puhov aka Pavel 183
Check some awesome street art works and installations, created by Pavel Puhov aka Pavel 183, a russian street art terrorist.
Pavel Pukhov fell in love with free expression when, as an 11-year-old, he stumbled upon Moscow’s infamous Tsoi Wall, an alleyway in central Moscow covered in graffiti and messages commemorating the life and cult following of rock star Viktor Tsoi.
Pavel 183’s works range from murals spray-painted on public structures to combinations of audio and video, at times accompanied by a political message. His works have been compared with those of the British street artist Banksy, and U.S. artist Keith Haring.
Like Banksy, Pukhov chose to keep his true identity a secret, revealing only a few biographical details on his website, including his birth and residence in Moscow and his degree in communicative design. However, he did not like the comparison, after 14 years spent forming his own style.
He attacked advertising for its power to deprive people of free will. He described designers as money makers and contrasts them with real artists, whose work he respects most. He was best known for his socially critical installations and grey-scale photorealistic murals. Later in his career, Pukhov explored different techniques of creation, eventually learning to draw in the dark with lights and to incorporate existing environmental aides, such as Moscow’s waterways and concrete spaces.
While his works addressed political issues, he claimed not to consider himself a “political artist”. One of his last works addresses the issue of the 2011 Russian legislative election, the results of which many in Moscow and around Russia have disputed.
Pavel 183 died on 1 April 2013 from undisclosed causes. The cause of death was not released, and sources have given conflicting reports regarding the cause of death. The Times’ Ben Hoyle wrote the Russian street art community was “in mourning.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 40 Times People Thought Their T-Shirts Were Cool But Looked Completely Cringeworthy
- Unknown Artist Creates Amazing Studio Ghibli Anime Character Moss Murals In Countryside
- Heartbreaking Pics Of Aging Dogs Show Them Grow From Puppyhood To Old Age
- Brutally Honest Brand Slogans By Clif Dickens
- This Heartbreaking Sculpture Depicts The 82 Kids That Were Handed Over To The Nazis In The Town Of Lidice Back In 1942
- 6 Illustrations That Sum Up Instagram Perfectly
- Unique Photos Capture A Couple’s Visit To ‘Stranger Things 3’ Filming Locations
- How Do Perceptions Of Beauty Vary Across The Globe?
- Amazing Vintage Photographs Of Cat’s Meat Sellers In London In The Early 20th Century
- Japan’s Abandoned Mines Hint At The Ruins We’ll Leave Behind