Amputee Gamer Gets Metal Gear Solid Inspired Prosthetic Arm Complete With USB Port, Display, Flying Drone
This is James Young displaying the prosthetic arm Konami had built for him. The arm was inspired by Big Boss’s arm from Metal Gear Solid V and includes USB ports for charging devices, a small monitor, lights, and even a flying drone mounted to the shoulder.
James can control the arm using muscle signals. He can shake your hand, he can pick up coins. A smart watch is embedded in the arm, it has USB ports to charge devices. It sounds amazing. This arm has changed his life, and it could change the lives of others. It cost roughly $120,000 to make.
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On Design You Trust:
- Spanish Designer Fernando Abellanas Works In A Secret Studio Right Under The Bridge
- When Photos Looked Like Paintings: Dreamy Landscape Photographs Taken By Leonard Misonne
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Can You Spot Yourself In These Designer Stereotypes?
- Head Back To The 80s With Chris Mcveigh’s LEGO Retro Desk Kits
- Scary Potter – Terrifying Alternative Posters For The Harry Potter Movies
- Living La Dolce Vita: Vintage Photos Show How Idyllic Italy Was In The 1980s
- Illustrator Yaoyao Ma Van As Perfectly Captures The Happiness Of Living Alone
- Ohio Youth Of The 1970s – Lovely Photos Of Long-Haired Teenage Girls In Dayton From 1974-75
- Beautiful 1980s Portraits Capture The Vibrant Residents Of A Single East Berlin Street
- Stunning Construction Photos Of Zaha Hadid Architects’ Leeza SOHO Tower And Its Record-Setting Atrium
- Art In The Shadows: Artist Damon Belanger Enlivens City With Serendipitous Paintwork
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Casual NSFW Sculptures Show Women Getting Cozy In Themselves
- An Imagination That Looks Great On Paper: The Creative Mind Of Lily Seika Jones
- These Weird Clocks Use Human Faces To Display The Time
- Kids Will Be Kids! James Nathaniel Likes To Turn People Into Children By Making Their Heads Bigger.
- Artist & Chief Daniele Barresi Carves Out A Unique Space Between Food And Art
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- The Very Badass Digital Art By Liana Anatolevich
- Chinese Artist Creates Creepy Celebrity Portraits Made From Other People’s Faces
- “Secret Window, Secret Garden”: Dreamlike Photography By Shaina Sterrett
- “A Time Of Love And War”: Amazing Digital Art By Wang Ling