Train Travels Right Through Hole In 19-Storey Block Of Flats
A light railway track has been built to go through a hole in a residential 19-storey building in China. The city of Chongqing in the south-east of the country has a population of 49 million packed into 31,000 square miles, causing urban planners to look creatively at solving space issues. A special railway station was built into the block of houses, set into the sixth to eighth floors.
Residents can hop on Chongqing Rail Transit No.2 at their own Liziba station. Even though they are living in close quarters to a busy train station, any noise has been muffled by special equipment. To homeowners in the complex, the sound of the train is designed to be as disturbing as the noise from a dishwasher.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- Hilariously Bad Celebrity Portraits by Twitter Picasso
- Meet A Woman Who Keeps 500 Plants In Her Brooklyn Apartment
- Clever Tables That Create An Illusion Animals Are Emerging From Water
- The Most Controversial Ultrarealistic Art Sculptures By Patricia Piccinini
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp
- Best NASA Pictures of 2020
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Tiny Miniature Crochet Animals By Mohustore