Train Travels Right Through Hole In 19-Storey Block Of Flats
A light railway track has been built to go through a hole in a residential 19-storey building in China. The city of Chongqing in the south-east of the country has a population of 49 million packed into 31,000 square miles, causing urban planners to look creatively at solving space issues. A special railway station was built into the block of houses, set into the sixth to eighth floors.
Residents can hop on Chongqing Rail Transit No.2 at their own Liziba station. Even though they are living in close quarters to a busy train station, any noise has been muffled by special equipment. To homeowners in the complex, the sound of the train is designed to be as disturbing as the noise from a dishwasher.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Old Soviet Ships Transformed Into Yachts for Millionaires
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- 1960 Ford Spaceliner, a Vehicle That Looks a Bit Like a Spaceship From a Science-Fiction Movie
- This German Grandma Spends 30 Thousand Euros To Tattoo Her Whole Body
- Vintage Photos Of People Wearing Masks During The 1918 Influenza Pandemic, One Of The Deadliest Natural Disasters In Human History
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Face of 4000-Year-Old Dog Revealed by Forensic Reconstruction
- This Instagram Account Cleverly Photoshops Animals Into Everyday Things
- Surreal Architectural Collages By Beomsik Won
- Photographer Reveals What Tricks He Uses To Get Interesting Photos In 30 Examples