Surreal Oil Paintings That Integrate Oversized Animals Into Found Vintage Photographs By Anja Wülfing
Anja Wulfing adds large animals into the black and white scenes of found vintage photographs, turning the attention away from the somber faces of its subjects and to the creatures that pose quite naturally behind their backs.
The surprising inclusions are painted in by Wulfing, and often take the form of birds—such as crows, owls, ducks, and the occasional rooster. The animals either join the members of the photograph or merge with its occupants, sometimes replacing the heads of those posing to create hybrid and humorous creatures.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Alice In Wonderland Re-Imagined With Japanese Artwork: Gorgeous Watercolor
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- 42 Wonderful Behind The Scene Photos From Classic Movies
- This Guy Hilariously Captions The Weirdest Construction Fails He Finds
- The Spectacular Winning Photographs Of Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2019
- 50 Completely Weirdest Stock Photos You Won’t Be Able To Unsee
- Roman Opalka – The Polish Artist Who Spent Half His Life Painting From 1 To Infinity
- Artist Imagines How Disney Characters Would Look As Oil Paintings, And You’ll Want To Hang Them In Your Room
- This Island For Sale, Built As A Radio Broadcast Station In The 1940s
- 40 Newspaper Headlines That Push The Limits Of Human Stupidity