Surreal Oil Paintings That Integrate Oversized Animals Into Found Vintage Photographs By Anja Wülfing
Anja Wulfing adds large animals into the black and white scenes of found vintage photographs, turning the attention away from the somber faces of its subjects and to the creatures that pose quite naturally behind their backs.
The surprising inclusions are painted in by Wulfing, and often take the form of birds—such as crows, owls, ducks, and the occasional rooster. The animals either join the members of the photograph or merge with its occupants, sometimes replacing the heads of those posing to create hybrid and humorous creatures.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Amazing Rare Photographs of The Romanovs’ Final Ball In Color, St Petersburg, Russia 1903
- Deepspot: World’s Deepest Diving Pool Opened in Poland
- Michael Benisty Creates Stunning And Majestic Sculpture Installations
- Woman Continues To Hilariously Recreate Celebrity Instagram Photos, And The Result Is Better Than The Original
- “Creating a New Visual Reality”: Dark and Cinematic Illustrations by Katherine Lam
- Frozen Caveman Sculpture Compared To Monolith Appears In Minneapolis
- Artist Makes Semi-Realistic Fanarts Of Pop-Culture Characters
- “I’m Not Your Toy”: The Superb Contemporary Paintings by Inga Makarova
- “When God Comes Back”: Dark Brutal Macabre Illustrations by Ash Thorp