This Is A Private Pool With Van Gogh Starry Night Mosaic
An art-loving California homeowner had his new pool tiled to represent ‘The Starry Night’ by Vincent van Gogh.
The only problem is that you can’t truly appreciate its beauty from below. Luckily, a friend of the contractor had a drone, and uploaded a few aerial images for the whole internet to see.
One of the Impressionist’s best known works, Van Gogh painted ‘The Starry Night’ in 1889. It is said to be the nighttime view from the window of his asylum room at Saint-Remy, where he was admitted after his December 1888 breakdown that resulted in the self-mutilation of his left ear. It depicts a night sky, swirling with light, a small town below the rolling hills, and a massive dark structure. From 1941 it has been in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Amazing Vintage Photos Of Portuguese Women From The Azores Islands In Their Tradition Hooded Capes
- Japanese Artist Turns Awkward Animal Photos Into Beautiful Sculptures
- Stunning Photos From The Bosch Parade, The Sailing Parade In The Spirit Of Jheronimus Bosch
- Bublik – Circular Apartment Building In Moscow Is The Pinnacle Of Brutalism
- Artist Transforms Present Technologies Into Objects From The 1980s
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- Inside A 1947 Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, The Largest And Fastest Aircraft In Commercial Service
- Vibrant Fashion And Glamour Photography By Denis Bliznuk
- Couple Spends $25,000 To Convert Old Truck Into Mobile Home And It Looks Better Than Most Apartments