This Is A Private Pool With Van Gogh Starry Night Mosaic
An art-loving California homeowner had his new pool tiled to represent ‘The Starry Night’ by Vincent van Gogh.
The only problem is that you can’t truly appreciate its beauty from below. Luckily, a friend of the contractor had a drone, and uploaded a few aerial images for the whole internet to see.
One of the Impressionist’s best known works, Van Gogh painted ‘The Starry Night’ in 1889. It is said to be the nighttime view from the window of his asylum room at Saint-Remy, where he was admitted after his December 1888 breakdown that resulted in the self-mutilation of his left ear. It depicts a night sky, swirling with light, a small town below the rolling hills, and a massive dark structure. From 1941 it has been in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- “Last Breath”: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Snowlandia – World’s Largest Snow Labyrinth Opens In Poland
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s
- “Nightshift”: An Illuminated Glimpse Into Shanghai’s Late Night Shops And Stalls
- This Artist Creates Stunning Products Made Out Of Bicycle Air Chambers
- Breathtaking Drone Imagery Tops Dronestagram’s Annual Photo Awards
- Photographer Celine Liu Photoshops Herself In Images Of Celebrities Found On The Internet
- Sensual Female Portraits By The Russian Painter Andrei Markin
- Librarian Transforms 110-Year-Old Tree Into Jaw-Dropping Little Free Library