Photographer Tom Hegen Raises Awareness On The Climate Issues Through Several Impressive Aerial Photographs
Once again, Tom Hegen raises awareness on the climate issues through several impressive aerial photographs. Entitled «The Two Degrees», this project focuses on the dramatic effects of global warming on the Arctic ice sheet in Greenland.
«Global sea level rise will be one of the major environmental challenges of the 21st Century. One of the leading causes of sea level rise is the melting of ice from glaciers and ice sheets. The Greenland ice sheet alone contains enough water to raise global sea levels by more than 7 meters. The Arctic is the fastest warming place on this planet, providing the first indication of how climate change is having an impact. Below two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels is the agreed goal signed by 197 countries at the Paris climate agreement in 2015 to limit global warming to avoid disastrous consequences of climate change», he explains.
This series is more than just an artistic project. It is a real call to focus on the biggest challenges we face globally today. A few striking images for a subject more than ever inevitable.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- This Artist Creates Baroque And Gothic Wall Mounts Out Of Taxidermied Spiders
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs