Photographer Tom Hegen Raises Awareness On The Climate Issues Through Several Impressive Aerial Photographs
Once again, Tom Hegen raises awareness on the climate issues through several impressive aerial photographs. Entitled «The Two Degrees», this project focuses on the dramatic effects of global warming on the Arctic ice sheet in Greenland.
«Global sea level rise will be one of the major environmental challenges of the 21st Century. One of the leading causes of sea level rise is the melting of ice from glaciers and ice sheets. The Greenland ice sheet alone contains enough water to raise global sea levels by more than 7 meters. The Arctic is the fastest warming place on this planet, providing the first indication of how climate change is having an impact. Below two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels is the agreed goal signed by 197 countries at the Paris climate agreement in 2015 to limit global warming to avoid disastrous consequences of climate change», he explains.
This series is more than just an artistic project. It is a real call to focus on the biggest challenges we face globally today. A few striking images for a subject more than ever inevitable.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- The Sky Swimming Pool At This Hotel Has A Window In It
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized
- Japanese Photographer Captures Very Sad Stray Cats And Their Games
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever
- This Man And His Cat Recreate Famous Movie Scenes And It’s Amazing!