Artist Dain Yoon looks in the mirror to find her canvas: with the help of makeup, she makes her face appear to be transparent and merging with the sky, buildings and the landscape behind her without a drop of Photoshop!
South Korean artist Dain Yoon creates stunning illusions using makeup and body art. She has recently graduated from the National University of Arts of Korea and devoted her free time to her incredible surreal artworks. Continue reading »
If you’ve seen old advertisements from the 1950s, then you know exactly what the “Oooo Face” is (not to be confused with the “O Face”). Seemingly every woman in these ads wore the expression; the lips positioned to form the long /oo/ sound. Generally, she’s wearing red lipstick and her eyes give the impression of being dumbfounded.
And it wasn’t just advertisements that had women pursing their lips – it was everywhere: album covers, pin-ups, magazine covers. Wherever an image of a woman was found, there you found the “Oooo Face”.
Let’s have a look at some of the endless examples from midcentury… Continue reading »
- “The Death Of Colossus”: Striking Candid Photographs That Capture Everyday Life In The USSR In 1984-1989
- Men Behaving Badly On Saucy Vintage Postcards
- Man Spends $4,000 On Giant Statue To Give Town The Middle Finger – It’s Art, Officials Say
- Canadian Artist Draws Pictures That Are As Warm As A Cup Of Hot Chocolate
- The Most Awkward Family Christmas Photos Ever
- This Artist Creates Amazing 3D Optical Illusions Using Simple Lines
- Quirky And Daring: Best Soviet Concept Cars
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of The British Ecological Society Photo Competition 2018
- Closer Than We Think: 40 Visions Of The Future World According To Arthur Radebaugh
- Beautiful Chimera: South Korean Artist Paints Optical Illusions On Her Face