The Superb Expressive Sculptures Of Matteo Pugliese
Matteo Pugliese was born in Milan in 1969. In 1978 his family moved to Sardinia and lived there for the next 12 years. During this time he developed a strong love for drawing and sculpture and practiced without formal education.
After finishing his secondary school studies in classics in Cagliari, he returned to Milan to attend university. In 1995 he was awarded his degree in modern literature at the University of Milan with a graduation thesis on art criticism.
In 2001, with encouragement from friends, Pugliese organized and financed his first solo exhibition, renting private exhibition space in the center of Milan. Only eighteen months later his first official exhibition was held in a gallery in Brera, Milan, and a few months after that he had a solo show in Brussels.
Today his works are on permanent display in galleries in Italy and major cities throughout the world including Rome, Hong Kong, London, Brussels, Lugano, and The Hague.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- This Alien Face Mask Is Sure To Keep Covid At Bay
- Julianne Moore As Famous Works Of Art
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- Fight Like A Gentleman: The Art Of Self Defense, ca. 1940s
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s