Artist Smashes Glass Storefront With A Hammer And Creates Amazing Art
Simon Berger is an artist who recently chose a rather non-traditional medium for his art. Instead of using paper and pen, the artist chose something more extreme – a glass storefront and a hammer. And no, the Simon did not break open the glass storefront to steal some art supplies. The glass was his canvas and the hammer was his brush.
In an interview with Bored Panda, the artist explained that he chose glass because it has a lot of potential in art. Simon says he has found a technique that is probably the most unique in the entire world.
The artist is known for his unorthodox choice of materials, like car parts and old pianos.
After the artist chooses a photo of a model he’ll be creating, he marks the outlines on the glass. He then marks the spots that he won’t be breaking and the ones he will. Then comes the fun part – breaking the glass. According to Simon, the best glass is the one that doesn’t break instantly after being hit.
“Human faces have always fascinated me,” explained Simon. “On safety glass, these motifs come into their own and magically attract visitors. It is a discovery from abstract fogging to figurative perception.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Deliveries Surge During Quarantine, This Is How Delivery Guys “Hide” Packages
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- This Guy Gets A Permanent Eyeglasses Tattoo
- A McDonald’s in New Zealand Lets Diners Eat Inside a Decommissioned Airplane
- Freddy Mamani’s New Andean Architecture Adds Colour to Bolivian City
- Artist Mark Jenkins Has Reached A Whole New Level Of Trolling While Calling It Art
- Four Girls Have Been Taking Their Group Photos For 7 Years
- This Instagram Account Cleverly Photoshops Animals Into Everyday Things
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Woman Uses Her iPhone To Capture Portraits Of Strangers On Her Daily Commute To Work, And The Result Is Impressive