This Guy Uses Cardboard As His Artistic Tools And People’s Cars As His Canvas
Photographer and artist Max Siedentopf has a number of hobbies, but his favorite, perhaps, is pimping cars. At night, Siedentopf walks the streets of Amsterdam adding custom cardboard headers, spoilers, and ground effects to strangers’ cars…
Completely out of the kindness of his heart.
The hilarious hobby started spontaneously, after Siedentopf came to some compelling realizations.
“Individuality, self-expression, and status are more important than ever these days. But for some reason you see that things as ordinary as cars are getting personalized less and less, while it could be a strange but great form of self-expression,” he tells VICE.
Naturally, he felt he needed to do something about it. Thus, “Slapdash Supercars” was born.
“I thought I’d do people a favor by giving them a custom-made supercar.”
And a favor he has done them. I mean, just look at this incredible work.
For you crusty folks with no sense of humor, don’t worry, the tape doesn’t remove that much paint. In all honesty though, it’s not like the owners of these cars would have any reason to complain. The additions are undoubtedly an improvement.
KIDDING. He uses low adhesion painter’s tape, so no damage done…that we know of.
Vin Diesel called. He wants his hot rod back.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny And Relatable Simplistic Illustrations With Insightful Humor By Liana Finck
- “The Witches of Fabersham Forest”: The Dark Surrealism and Visual Mysteries of Noah Stacey
- Photographer Titus Poplawski Captures Beautiful, Intimacy and Surreal Photos
- Spectacular Winning Images of the International Portrait Photographer of the Year 2021
- These Humorous Illustrations Perfectly Sum Up The Reality Of Living With Anxiety And Depression
- Cuong Nguyen Uses The Streets As A Canvas For His Incredibly Realistic Chalk Portraits
- The Impressive Surreal Body-Painted Illusions of Hikaru Cho
- Artist Takes A Critical Look At Modern Society And Calls Attention To Problems In Today’s World With His Thought-Provoking Illustrations
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of People Over 100 with Their Younger Selves
- Doh! The Alternate View On Simpsons By Stanislaw Bashkow