This Guy Uses Cardboard As His Artistic Tools And People’s Cars As His Canvas
Photographer and artist Max Siedentopf has a number of hobbies, but his favorite, perhaps, is pimping cars. At night, Siedentopf walks the streets of Amsterdam adding custom cardboard headers, spoilers, and ground effects to strangers’ cars…
Completely out of the kindness of his heart.
The hilarious hobby started spontaneously, after Siedentopf came to some compelling realizations.
“Individuality, self-expression, and status are more important than ever these days. But for some reason you see that things as ordinary as cars are getting personalized less and less, while it could be a strange but great form of self-expression,” he tells VICE.
Naturally, he felt he needed to do something about it. Thus, “Slapdash Supercars” was born.
“I thought I’d do people a favor by giving them a custom-made supercar.”
And a favor he has done them. I mean, just look at this incredible work.
For you crusty folks with no sense of humor, don’t worry, the tape doesn’t remove that much paint. In all honesty though, it’s not like the owners of these cars would have any reason to complain. The additions are undoubtedly an improvement.
KIDDING. He uses low adhesion painter’s tape, so no damage done…that we know of.
Vin Diesel called. He wants his hot rod back.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- This Artist’s Paintings Are So Realistic, You’ll Probably Think They Are Photos
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers