The Very Rare 1980 4-Door Chevrolet Corvette
Back in 1980, California Custom Coachworks did a limited run of just five Chevrolet Corvette sedans for customers (a total of six were produced, one of them being a prototype). They took the stock body Corvettes, lengthened them by 30 inches, adding a significant 500-lb weight gain to the body. The result however was a very rare four-door Corvette that featured four seats and a very peculiar design.
No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you – the 1980 Chevrolet Corvette you’re looking at here does indeed have four doors. It wasn’t created in Photoshop by a render artist, either. It was originally built in the late 1970s by a Pasadena-based company called California Custom Coach for people who wanted to combine the Corvette’s sporty character with the practicality of a four-door sedan.
Only two are believed to still exist today, one of which is currently listed for sale by NBS Auto Showroom finished in bright red. The red theme continues inside, as everything from the seats, dashboard, and seatbelts are all in red. It only has 20,000 miles on the odometer and was primarily driven to car shows.
Originally, it would have set you back $35,000, which was more than double the price of a base-model Corvette at the time. That’s a steep asking price considering you can buy a brand new V8-powered Porsche Panamera Turbo for a lot less. It’s also nearly twice the price of a Corvette ZR1, but its rarity will make it very desirable to Corvette collectors.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- This Artist’s Paintings Are So Realistic, You’ll Probably Think They Are Photos
- Fascinating Photos That Capture Everyday Of Oahu Beaches, Hawaii In The Early 1970s
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- The Lost Corvettes: 36 Chevrolet Corvettes From NYC Barn Find To Be Raffled In Charity Sweepstakes
- 19-Year-Old Student Hides Spy Camera In His Clothing To Take Secret Street Photos In The 1890s
- Welcome To Burj Al Babas, The Luxury City Of Empty Castles
- Before And After: How The Russian Army Changes Soldiers
- Russian Illustrator Recreates All Episodes Of The Mandalorian As Vintage Comic Book Covers