The Very Rare 1980 4-Door Chevrolet Corvette
Back in 1980, California Custom Coachworks did a limited run of just five Chevrolet Corvette sedans for customers (a total of six were produced, one of them being a prototype). They took the stock body Corvettes, lengthened them by 30 inches, adding a significant 500-lb weight gain to the body. The result however was a very rare four-door Corvette that featured four seats and a very peculiar design.
No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you – the 1980 Chevrolet Corvette you’re looking at here does indeed have four doors. It wasn’t created in Photoshop by a render artist, either. It was originally built in the late 1970s by a Pasadena-based company called California Custom Coach for people who wanted to combine the Corvette’s sporty character with the practicality of a four-door sedan.
Only two are believed to still exist today, one of which is currently listed for sale by NBS Auto Showroom finished in bright red. The red theme continues inside, as everything from the seats, dashboard, and seatbelts are all in red. It only has 20,000 miles on the odometer and was primarily driven to car shows.
Originally, it would have set you back $35,000, which was more than double the price of a base-model Corvette at the time. That’s a steep asking price considering you can buy a brand new V8-powered Porsche Panamera Turbo for a lot less. It’s also nearly twice the price of a Corvette ZR1, but its rarity will make it very desirable to Corvette collectors.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- The Vintage Beauty Of Soviet Control Rooms
- 2021 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!
- World’s Greatest Gallery of Dogs Standing On Mushrooms
- This Guy Rates Benches All Around The UK And The Reviews Are Spot-On
- 31-Year-Old Independent, Modern Woman Draws Comics On Her Observations About Society
- 50 Times People Took A Photograph And Realized It’s “Accidental Renaissance”
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Winners Of The 2020 International Landscape Photographer Of The Year Competition Have Been Announced And They’re Mesmerizing
- Black and White Photos Show the ’80s Street Fashion Styles of Young People
- Photographer Documents Stay-At-Home Dads And Their Kids In Sweden