Decorative Face Masks Playfully Encourage Social Distancing With Their Bizarre Knittings
Faces masks are probably on your mind right now. Tapping into this collective thinking on face coverings is the artist Ýrúrarí. For the past couple of weeks, she’s been sharing her version of masks that are a twist on convention. These masks are NOT meant to be protective in any way, but merely decorative.
The knitted masks play on the idea of social distancing by incorporating (delightfully) bizarre sculptural elements that would make people shy away from you on the street.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Graphic Designer Emanuele Abrate Perfectly Fixes The ‘World’s Worst Logos’
- “In A Parallel Universe”: Artist Exposes Sexism By Switching Up Gender Roles In Old-School Ads
- This Paper Memo Pad Excavates Hidden Objects As It Gets Used
- The Incredible Art Of Maciej Kuciara, Who’s Worked On The Last Of Us, Ghost In The Shell & Crysis
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- The Biggest Anamorphic Illusion In The World Has Been Successfully Revealed On The Largest Outdoor Advertising Screen In South Korea
- Family Of Romanian Photographer Moved To A Small Town In The UK And He Started Discovering The Beauty Of This Country
- Photographer Jacqueline Roberts Uses 166-Year-Old Technique To Shoot Kids
- This Restaurant In Bangkok Uses Cartoon Dragon Dolls As Space Keepers For Social Distancing