Decorative Face Masks Playfully Encourage Social Distancing With Their Bizarre Knittings
Faces masks are probably on your mind right now. Tapping into this collective thinking on face coverings is the artist Ýrúrarí. For the past couple of weeks, she’s been sharing her version of masks that are a twist on convention. These masks are NOT meant to be protective in any way, but merely decorative.
The knitted masks play on the idea of social distancing by incorporating (delightfully) bizarre sculptural elements that would make people shy away from you on the street.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories:
- “One Day with Salvador Dalí”: A Surreal Photo Shoot of Salvador Dalì in His Seaside Villa, 1955
- “So Many Tons of Democracy Waiting to Get Delivered”: The Superb Sci-Fi Concept Artworks of Ronan Le Fur
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- Indonesian Man Creates a ‘Bionic Arm’ from Scrap Metal
- Artist Imagines How Pop Culture Characters Would Look If They Were Saints
- Aerial Photographer Created A Miniature Utopian Village And It Took Him 2 Years To Finish
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- “Unpopular Culture”: Artist ‘Uncovers’ The Disturbing Behind-The-Scenes Of Popular Characters