Artist Shares His Everyday Life And Cultural Gaps With Wife As An International Couple
Social distancing problems.
According to Milia: “Life is complicated—we all know that, without even mentioning the relationships. Dealing with different cultures sounds even more complex, huh? What about getting stuck for months in a house during your honeymoon because a devastating virus hit the whole world in a matter of a few weeks, giving no time to pack? Well, nothing seems to be impossible for us.
My name is Milia, and I am an Indonesian pharmacist. My husband, Matteo, is a creative Italian illustrator, and we both have a passion for art. A few months ago, we were living the dream in Bali, got married on a remote tropical island, and moved for a while to Italy for the honeymoon and gathering with the family. Shortly after, the lockdown forced us to stay.
No drama, just opportunities, so we began to share our daily life bridging cultural gaps with funny illustrations. Spicy food, painful yoga, romantic moments, huge portions, overloaded bikes, sweet hopes, and much more. Our life seems to be an endless adventure!”
Who needs a haircut?
A regular Italian lunch, with a regular non-Italian reaction.
Time to get fit. When we realize that lockdown will finish soon and all the clothes are tight (except the pajamas)
Coronavirus Isolation – side effects
First time in Europe. First winter. First cold.
The Jacket at the beach?
Overloaded Motorbike – Is it safe?
Meditate, she said. It’s easy, she said.
Do you have the same problem hugging tall people?
Make yoga, she said. It’s easy, she said.
When she cooks…
There is always time to be romantic
First Indonesian traditional massage
Like a fish
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 22 Rare Photos You’ll Never See In Textbooks
- An 80-Foot Steel Kraken Will Create An Artificial Coral Reef Near The British Virgin Islands
- Stunning Photographs Taken By Stanley Kubrick That Capture Street Scenes of New York City In The 1940s
- “I Want To Take You Higher”: Girls Of Woodstock, The Best Beauty And Style Moments From Summer 1969
- Designer Puts The “Suit” In Wetsuit With $3,900 Optical Illusion
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- This Guy Shows The Secret Side Of Glamorous Instagram Photos
- Japanese Photographer Makes Absolutely Breathtaking Vacuum-Sealed Wedding Photos
- Photographer Philippe Echaroux Used A McDonald’s Big Mac Box To Create Stunning Portraits
- “Anti-Selfies”: Artist Lies Facedown In Tourist Spots And Pretends To Be Dead