Loewe’s Totoro Capsule Collection Is as Magical as the Film
If you are a fervent fan of both Studio Ghibli and fashion, Loewe’s Totoro-centered collaboration should definitely be on your radar. Spanish fashion house Loewe launched a capsule collection in collaboration and inspired Hayao Miyazaki’s 1988 film My Neighbor Totoro.
There are colorful hoodies, shorts, and tees featuring Totoro hiding in trees and running through fields punctuated by blue skies. There are bags, wallets, and loafers printed with the googly-eyed dust bunnies and a leather jacket painted with the vibrant green landscape of tall grass, all straight from the film.
Designer and creative director of Loewe Jonathan Anderson explains, “There are several reasons as to why we chose Totoro for this collaboration.…On one hand, there is Ghibli’s relationship with craft, which they approach from a perspective that still finds great value in traditional forms of animation.” He adds, “On the other hand, there are the values that My Neighbor Totoro as a whole stands for. I believe certain ideas the film conveys, such as the environment seen through the eyes of children and the concept of adventure, are very significant, especially in these times of uncertainty.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- First Photo Shoots Of Angelina Jolie When She Was 15 Years Old
- GPS Trackers That Show Cats’ Activity During The Night
- Photographer Captures The Lives Of People Living In Yakutia, One Of The Coldest Regions In Russia
- This Is How Surrealism, Sweetness, and Eroticism Are Linked – The Beautiful Bizarre Art by Relm
- Cleverly Pointing Out The Ironies Of Life Through the Socially Disturbing Illustrations of Jeff Mahannah
- 20 Award-Winning Photos Capture the Terror and Beauty of Giving Birth During the Pandemic
- An Artist llustrates The Sad Truth Of Modern Life: Thought-Provoking, Clever And Funny Illustrations By Marco Melgrati
- Marcelo Ventura Reimagines The Concept of Pop Culture Characters in Dark-Style Illustrations
- Photographer Martin Parr Captured Candid Portraits of British Drivers in 1994
- End Embarrassment: The Playful and Fun Toilet Paper Rolls from Japan