Loewe’s Totoro Capsule Collection Is as Magical as the Film
If you are a fervent fan of both Studio Ghibli and fashion, Loewe’s Totoro-centered collaboration should definitely be on your radar. Spanish fashion house Loewe launched a capsule collection in collaboration and inspired Hayao Miyazaki’s 1988 film My Neighbor Totoro.
There are colorful hoodies, shorts, and tees featuring Totoro hiding in trees and running through fields punctuated by blue skies. There are bags, wallets, and loafers printed with the googly-eyed dust bunnies and a leather jacket painted with the vibrant green landscape of tall grass, all straight from the film.
Designer and creative director of Loewe Jonathan Anderson explains, “There are several reasons as to why we chose Totoro for this collaboration.…On one hand, there is Ghibli’s relationship with craft, which they approach from a perspective that still finds great value in traditional forms of animation.” He adds, “On the other hand, there are the values that My Neighbor Totoro as a whole stands for. I believe certain ideas the film conveys, such as the environment seen through the eyes of children and the concept of adventure, are very significant, especially in these times of uncertainty.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Funny Animal Pics That Just Don’t Make Any Sense, As Shared On This Instagram Account
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Artist Creates Very Detailed Scary Images And The More You Look, The More Frightening They Become
- Playfully Illustrated Surfboards By Jean Jullien
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- “Empty Home”: The Superb Dark, Surreal and Sci-Fi Artworks of Miko del Rosario
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- This Artist Drew These 30 Animals So “Badly”, It Might Be A New Style
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s