Billboard Houses For The Homeless
Phenomenon of homelessness has became an intensly global question during past couple of decades. Finding solutions to it is a complex task which involves coordination of skills in socio-psychological and administrative fields – to name a few. Priority of the Gregory project is to find optimal alternatives for existentional questions of people without a home through the use of billboard objects and their advertisment spaces.
Cities are engulfed with rigid constructions for billboard advertisment which are expensive tu put up, maintain and their subsequent renting is a costly venture. The Gregory project brings optimalization to the construction of billboard structures in a way that the insides of these, after the extension, could be turned into a living space. Such an object would need just a minimal maintanance cost which could be partially paid through the rental of its advert space.
If we take the electricity cost needed for the billboard to keep it lit during night and we try to optimize it by x%, we find that this saved evergy could fully cover all those interier usage needs.
This study of Gregory project is based toward Republic of Slovakia, for the city of Banska Bystrica, where the project would be easy to implement thanks to existing energy and water grids. However the billboard housing project is possible to apply anyplace, althoug its implementation must be proceeded by a complex study involving the search for an adequate place for its physicall realisation.
According to the design, the apartment will have one room with an entrance hall, kitchen with a small desk, a raised bed with storage underneath and the other room; a bathroom. The bathroom consists of washbasin placed on built-in cabinet, a toilet and a shower box. Both the ceiling and the ground floor are in triangular shape.
Partner reciprocity is focused toward firms and investors which would participate in realisation or long term rental of involved advert space.
They would be provided with a project logo, which they could place on their own companies web sites or other propagation materials with direct links to the whole project. The added value lies in an option to present ones company towards its peers as a place of social conciousness.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Once You See These Rare Historical Photos, You’ll Never Forget Them
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Valentin Pavageau, the Traveler of a Psychedelic Universe
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers