How A Heart Attack Changed Artist Alex Garant’s Life
Internationally renown as the Queen of Double Eyes, Alex Garant studied visual arts at Notre-Dame–De-Foy College just outside Quebec City. After graduating in 2001, she ultimately settled in Toronto, Canada. She decided to truly commit to her passion for Arts after suffering from a heart attack in 2012, changing forever how she would see the world.
As a pioneer of Contemporary Figurative Op Art, her oil paintings offer a graphic quality combined with traditional portrait techniques. Garant establishes herself as one of the leader of analog Glitch Art by using patterns, duplication of elements, symmetry and image superposition as key elements of her imagery. Alex Garant’s paintings are certainly conversation pieces as they are meant to engage the observers into an image investigation process and hopefully enlist their senses differently while doing so.
How does Garant remain immune to the disorienting effect of her works? “When I start working on it,” she explains, “I just start from one corner, one eye, and I slowly build it up. So I only see one section at a time coming together. And once it’s done at the end, then I can take a step back, and then I see it – I see that the effect is successful.”
- A Restaurant In Texas Is Putting Up The Funniest Signs Ever
- Artist Mario Unger Spends 3000 Hours To Colorize Old Black & White Photos Of Famous People
- This Old Warehouse Was Sold For 1 230 000 USD And Once You See The Inside, You’ll Understand Why
- Breathtaking Portraits Reveal The Haunting Beauty Of Russian Ballet Dancers By Irina Yakovleva
- 11 Disney Warrior Princesses Turned Badass By Russian Artist Artemii Myasnikov
- Russian Duo Creates Sleek Optical Illusion Portraits That Will Inspire Your Day
- Photographer Antti Viitala Stunningly Captured Drone Shots Of The Surfers On South African Beach
- Uncanny Resemblances Between Classic Dog Breeds And Humans Captured By Gerrard Gethings
- Jan Erik Waider’ Photos Capture The Dark Beauty Of Greenland Icebergs And Northern Landscapes
- Artist Re-Reading Damaged Images Of The Virgin Mary Transforming Them Into Icon Characters Of Pop Culture