Virtual Reality Device Allows Users to Wander the Forest through the Eyes of an Animal
‘In the Eyes of an Animal’ is the newest brainchild from the London-based design studio Marshmallow Laser Feast, allowing you to take a fascinating journey through the forest with the eyes of an animal. Located in Grizedale Forest, UK and commissioned by the AND Festival, this installation is a virtual reality experience that merges nature with technology.
The futuristic project lets users fly above the trees, come face to face with hi-definition critters and even embody various animals, all within the lush undergrowth of the Grizedale landscape.
The installation further explores the capabilities of Lidar data, a remote sensing technology. After scanning the Grizedale forest with a Lidar scanner, the points collected are then decimated into real-time and combined with further data collected with CT scanning and photogrammetry techniques.
Each rendered scene harmoniously blends environmental elements collected with Lidar with other dynamic particles takien from the CT scans of insects and animals.
The overall experience is further enhanced with audio additions that inspire whole-body bass vibrations in order to recreate the sensations of a breathing and flying animal. The results are a hyper-realistic experience, that lets you explore the forest like another creature.
This virtual reality experience allows users to discover nature through the eyes of an animal, opening up a brand new perspective of the world. Check out the video, below, to get a taste for this amazing new technology.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Shows Us What Famous Characters Would Look Like In Real Life
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- “Art of The Doodler”: Fyodor Dostoevsky Draws In His Manuscripts
- The Future Imagined in Albert Robida’s “La vie électrique,” 1890
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- Japanese Artist Creates Incredible Realistic Intimate Garments from Ceramics
- Travels: Winners & Merit Awards Of AAP Magazine’s Photo Contest
- Winning Photos Of TDM Street Photography Awards 2021