See How This Dilapidated Graffiti Filled Kitchen Got Transformed Into A Stunning Award Winner
A dilapidated 1920’s house in Sydney, Australia, was in desperate need of saving. Its life for the past 10 years had been home to squatters and the homeless.
Situated close to the city, cafes and schools, the new owners looked past the crumbling walls, covered in graffiti, and believed it had great potential to be renovated into an amazing family home.
As the clients wanted this to be their forever home, the kitchen needed to cater to their busy lifestyle.
The open plan living space combines the kitchen and dining areas, which display both warmth and sleek aesthetics.
The kitchen has a large island, measuring in at approximately 13 feet (4 meters) in length.
A built-in wood dining table and window seat provide dining space just off the kitchen.
Here you can see the detailed patterns that have been included on the walls.
Windows allow natural light to pass through the dining area and into the kitchen.
Hidden lighting, above and below the cabinets, provide a warm glow in the kitchen.
One of the requirements of the home owner was to have the laundry included in the kitchen’s design. To solve this, a door that simply appears to be just another cabinet door, hides discreetly in plain site.
Opening the door gives you access to….
….a full laundry, with washer, dryer and additional storage.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Artist Illustrated 30 Mermaids For Two Years And Here Is The Eerie Yet Whimsical Result
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Man Finds Mysterious Book That Can Not Be Explained
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Incredible Futuristic-Looking 1939 Duesenberg Coupe Simone Midnight Ghost
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings