Toyota Has Made A New Concept Car Out Of Wood
Toyota have designed an awesome looking wood concept car named Setsuna, that will be debuting later this month in Italy, during Milan Design Week. Toyota engineer Kenji Tsuji and his team, have designed Setsuna as a reaction to the fancy cars of today that have all the latest gadgets and technology.
They wanted to create a unique wooden roadster to embody the affection owners grow to feel for their cars, and to show how cars continue to change and offer new value as they’re taken care of with love over time.
The body of the car is made from 86 handmade wood panels, that will develop and change differently as the car ages.
When repairs become necessary, each of these panels can be replaced. Owners will be able to see where the work has been done, and remember the moment.
As the wood slowly bends over time, the shape of the car will take a more pronounced curve, just like on a wooden boat. The car is fully functional, however as it’s only a concept car, it can’t be driven on public roads.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Please Don’t Step On The Fish! Vietnam’s Unique Flooded Cafe
- 12 Reasons Why I Love Her
- A Great White Shark Preserved In Formaldehyde In An Abandoned Wildlife Park
- 30 Of The Most Epic 3D Tattoos
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- 18 Times When People Fixed Their Cars With Creativity Instead Of A Car Service
- This Photographer Took One Family’s Photo In The Same Way Each Year For 23 Years
- 15 Exquisite Illustrations Which Sum Up Perfectly How Much We Love Our Pets
- This Artist Creates Baroque And Gothic Wall Mounts Out Of Taxidermied Spiders
- The Funniest “Unattended Children” Warning Signs