Meet Sara Shakeel, The Original Crystal Artist
Stretch marks are a totally normal part of life, but they are often the subject of shame or embarrassment. Instead of viewing stretch marks as something negative or worth hiding, one artist is showing how beautiful they really are.
Pakistani artist Sara Shakeel transforms photos of stretch marks into beautiful, shiny artwork by highlighting them — not hiding them — with glitter. In a recent Instagram post, Sara said making stretch marks into art has been so empowering, despite societal standards that tell her they aren’t something to be proud of.
“I have never felt so powerful & liberated and so f*cking proud of my stretch marks in my entire life !!!” Sara wrote on Instagram. “From where I come from & live, to be on the chubby side or to even talk about stretch marks is not something one is proud of, I have seen my stretch marks grow from the day I started putting on weight, I’d be honest even before uploading it I was thinking why would anyone be interested in my concept of stretch marks turned into glitter or crystals!!! My god I was so wrong!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Japanese Artist Creates the Most Amazing Wood Sculptures You’ll Ever See
- 10 Famous Movie Titles Written Using Negative Space
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers