Meet Sara Shakeel, The Original Crystal Artist
Stretch marks are a totally normal part of life, but they are often the subject of shame or embarrassment. Instead of viewing stretch marks as something negative or worth hiding, one artist is showing how beautiful they really are.
Pakistani artist Sara Shakeel transforms photos of stretch marks into beautiful, shiny artwork by highlighting them — not hiding them — with glitter. In a recent Instagram post, Sara said making stretch marks into art has been so empowering, despite societal standards that tell her they aren’t something to be proud of.
“I have never felt so powerful & liberated and so f*cking proud of my stretch marks in my entire life !!!” Sara wrote on Instagram. “From where I come from & live, to be on the chubby side or to even talk about stretch marks is not something one is proud of, I have seen my stretch marks grow from the day I started putting on weight, I’d be honest even before uploading it I was thinking why would anyone be interested in my concept of stretch marks turned into glitter or crystals!!! My god I was so wrong!”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- The Most Impressive Photos From The Ocean Photography Awards 2021 Finalists