Politically Incorrect: This Artist Manipulates Popular Culture References To Satirize Contemporary Society And Politics
Saint Hoax (previously) is a pseudonymous Syrian artist, activist and sociopolitical critique who manipulates popular culture references to satirize contemporary society and politics.
He describes his work as being ‘POPlitically incorrect’ as he does not shy away from exposing the grim underbelly of contemporary politics through humorous references to popular culture. His anonymity enables him to be openly provocative and ensures that the attention remains on the art rather than on the artist.
Hoax was not only shattering Western notions that we idealize, but discriminatory Lebanese ideas that we should slowly let go of.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Why So Many Medieval Manuscripts Depict Butt Trumpets?
- Russian Soul In A Nutshell: Honest Photography By Dmitry Markov