Fashion Stylist Portfolio Got Destroyed By Hurricane Irma, But Created Unique Noir Photos Instead
According to Vava Antar Pragya: “I used to be a fashion stylist in New York City and worked on lots of beautiful editorials many of which were already pretty avant-garde and some were a bit dark.
At some point in my life, everything stopped making sense, my whole life stopped making sense and I started looking for the meaning. At that time, I met my husband in a meditation center. We decided to move to Florida and start one of a kind edible meditation garden there as he is an advanced meditator and I’m a master gardener.
And that’s how my portfolio ended up in a storage shed. When Hurricane Irma hit, I was alone at home as my husband was traveling. It was very overwhelming for me. The only thing that saved us from flooding was the fact that our house is on stilts, however, storage was flooded big time.
I didn’t unpack the storage trunks for a while, there were lots of other things to worry about, fallen trees and dying flooded young plants, and I didn’t notice there was a crack in the case where my portfolio was stored. I also lost my entire collection of designer clothes from NY times but it was some kind of good riddance since I was too attached to it.
Since I didn’t need my portfolio on a daily basis, it sat there, wet, for a couple of months creating these amazing patterns.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Grotesque, Occult, and Bizarre Images by William Mortensen, the Forgotten Hollywood Photographer
- This South Korean Artist’s Structural Drawings Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills
- This Artist Shows What Everything Would Look Like If It Had A Cat’s Face
- Artist Hides Clever And Funny Signs Around His City For People To Find
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Stunning Vintage Black-and-White Photos of Edwin Smith
- Breathtaking Winning Images of The 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Someone Found An Old Photo Album Full Of Pics Of This Woman And Hollywood Celebrities In A Thrift Shop
- Seriously, 2022 Social Justice Kittens Calendar Is Here!