Fashion Stylist Portfolio Got Destroyed By Hurricane Irma, But Created Unique Noir Photos Instead
According to Vava Antar Pragya: “I used to be a fashion stylist in New York City and worked on lots of beautiful editorials many of which were already pretty avant-garde and some were a bit dark.
At some point in my life, everything stopped making sense, my whole life stopped making sense and I started looking for the meaning. At that time, I met my husband in a meditation center. We decided to move to Florida and start one of a kind edible meditation garden there as he is an advanced meditator and I’m a master gardener.
And that’s how my portfolio ended up in a storage shed. When Hurricane Irma hit, I was alone at home as my husband was traveling. It was very overwhelming for me. The only thing that saved us from flooding was the fact that our house is on stilts, however, storage was flooded big time.
I didn’t unpack the storage trunks for a while, there were lots of other things to worry about, fallen trees and dying flooded young plants, and I didn’t notice there was a crack in the case where my portfolio was stored. I also lost my entire collection of designer clothes from NY times but it was some kind of good riddance since I was too attached to it.
Since I didn’t need my portfolio on a daily basis, it sat there, wet, for a couple of months creating these amazing patterns.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Someone Used The New Snapchat Filter On Game Of Thrones Characters
- Welcome to the Saddest 1980s Mall in America
- “Straight Out Of Inception”: Enthralling Optical Illusion Bookstore Will Draw You Into A World Of Fantasy
- 11 Totally Accurate Illustrations Showing Exactly What It’s Like to Be a Woman
- Delightfully Sarcastic Illustrations Everyone Will See Themselves In
- Japan’s Hottest New Instagram Model Is An 84-Year-Old In His Grandson’s Clothes And He Looks Amazing
- Paris Just Before WWII: Stunning Photos Capture Daily Life Of The French Capital In The 1930s
- “The Owls Are Not What They Seem”: Magical Pictures Of Owls By Daniel J Nevares
- 16 Ironic Comic Strips Every Girl will Understand