A Group Of Friends In Estonia Have Turned A 1984 Audi 100 Into A Cosy Wood-Fired Sauna
If you saw this third-generation Audi 100 Avant parked on a street corner, you might think there is nothing particularly remarkable about it – at first glance.
Peer inside the windows and you’ll see that the chimney is connected to a sauna stove in the front passenger seat and that the entire interior has been converted into a wood-panelled sauna. Only the steering wheel and the gearbox remain. The space, which also boasts LED lighting, a four-speaker sound system and a USB connection, can accommodate up to five people before it might begin to feel too cosy.
This sauna was created by a group of friends in Estonia who were once planning a sauna evening at a location that was still under construction.
They first looked at options for renting a mobile sauna, but calculated that it would be cheaper to simply buy an old car and all the parts needed to convert it into a sauna they could keep. The total cost was just €200.
Mr Rang, who’s currently writing a book about the wonderful and weird saunas of Estonia, told the BBC the little sauna delivered beyond his expectations.
“When I first saw it, I thought it was just a good joke but to my surprise it delivered a great sauna experience too. It’s a bit of a tight squeeze inside but it has a nice wood-burning stove with rocks at a low level that circulate leil, or sauna steam in Estonian, very well around the space.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Meet Maria Oz – The Girl With Amazingly Big Eyes
- This Artist Turns Pieces Of Classical Art Into Hyperrealistic Portraits
- The Moscow Girl Turned Her Small Flat Into A Baroque Palace
- 40-Foot Studebaker President: The World’s Biggest Passenger Car
- This Badass Couple’s Vegas Elopement Is The Epitome Of Cool
- Siberian Farm Cats Are Waiting For Spring To Come In Marvelous Photos By Alla Lebedeva
- Concepts From Future Past: Porsche Tapiro
- Burning Man 2019 Mega-Post: Fantastic Photos From The World’s Biggest And Craziest Festival
- Amazing Black And White Photos Capture SoCal’s Skate, Beach & Punk Scenes From Between The Late 1960s And Early 1980s
- This Bizarre Japanese Temple Looks Like A Fallen Intergalactic Starship