A Group Of Friends In Estonia Have Turned A 1984 Audi 100 Into A Cosy Wood-Fired Sauna
If you saw this third-generation Audi 100 Avant parked on a street corner, you might think there is nothing particularly remarkable about it – at first glance.
Peer inside the windows and you’ll see that the chimney is connected to a sauna stove in the front passenger seat and that the entire interior has been converted into a wood-panelled sauna. Only the steering wheel and the gearbox remain. The space, which also boasts LED lighting, a four-speaker sound system and a USB connection, can accommodate up to five people before it might begin to feel too cosy.
This sauna was created by a group of friends in Estonia who were once planning a sauna evening at a location that was still under construction.
They first looked at options for renting a mobile sauna, but calculated that it would be cheaper to simply buy an old car and all the parts needed to convert it into a sauna they could keep. The total cost was just €200.
Mr Rang, who’s currently writing a book about the wonderful and weird saunas of Estonia, told the BBC the little sauna delivered beyond his expectations.
“When I first saw it, I thought it was just a good joke but to my surprise it delivered a great sauna experience too. It’s a bit of a tight squeeze inside but it has a nice wood-burning stove with rocks at a low level that circulate leil, or sauna steam in Estonian, very well around the space.”
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- Zero Fucks Coins Allow You To Literally Give Zero Fucks
- Night And Day: Striking Street Photography In Japan By James Takumi Shyegun
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- People Are Posting ‘Illegal’ Lego Building Techniques And They Are Actually Genius
- Artist Redesignes Celebrities, Cartoon And Comic Characters To Look More “Serious”
- “Beauty Comes In All Sizes!”: Photoshop Artist Jay Tee Changes The Obtuse Point Of View About Beauty Today One Pound At A Time
- These Funnily Terrible Portraits Of Famous People Drawn By This ‘Artist’ Are Awfully ‘Accurate’
- Photographer Captures Socialist Architecture Of North Korea In Pastel Aesthetic
- This Makeup Artist Doesn’t Use Photoshop, But Makes Women Look Way Younger And Happier