Boy Scout Creates Ear Guard For People Who Feel Pain From Wearing Face Masks All Day
It’s not just the medical workers that have to wear face masks all day to protect themselves – cashiers, delivery drivers, and all other workers rely on them too. And many of them are suffering from the same problem – ear pain from wearing the masks for prolonged periods of time. But that’s where Quinn Callander, a boy scout from Canada, came to help.
Quinn used his 3D printing skills to come up with a simple yet genius ear guard that protects people’s ears from the painful straps of the face masks.
The boy came up with the idea for the ear guards after one Canadian hospital asked for help dealing with the problem of ear pain. Quinn’s ear guards transfer the tension of the mask straps from the ears to the special 3D printed strap on the back of a person’s head. Who could have thought that the solution could be so simple?
“Quinn answered a request from the local hospitals for help with creating “ear guards” to help take the pressure off health care workers’ ears from wearing masks all day,” wrote Quinn’s mom Heather on Facebook. “He got busy on his 3D printer and has been turning out dozens of ear guards to donate.”
If you have a 3D printer at home, you can print one of these ear guards for yourself using Quinn’s template – you can find it here!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- “Before I Forget”: The Colossal Pop Culture Artifacts From the Future Past by Ruben Kos
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- Sensual Fine Art Self Portraits by Beth Parnaby
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s