From Death Cab to the Grateful Dead, an Artist Reimagines the Classic Rock Posters
Suburban Avenger Studios is Luke Martin, Taylor Keating, and their two cats – Meatball and Egg.
“I grew up on the eastern shore of Maryland in a place called Greensboro, a very rural farm town with one gas station and two whole stop lights. I attended North Caroline High School where I spent most of my time cutting gym class and doodling in the margins of my bio notes. In 2015 I attended college at Towson University where I enrolled in a screen printing class – I fell in love with the medium instantly, learned as much as I could, and dropped out after a year and a half. I started doing gig posters in 2017, and since then have gotten the opportunity to work with some of my favorite and some of the best bands on this entire planet.
Really kinda just making the rest up as I go along.
Past clients include Grateful Dead, Childish Gambino, Robert Plant, Metallica, Eddie Vedder, Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Arctic Monkeys, The Avett Brothers, The National, Queens of the Stone Age, Death Cab for Cutie, Brand New, Band of Horses, Yellowcard, The Shins, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, The Head and the Heart, Say Anything, Circa Survive, NPR, Overwatch League, Livenation, Firebrand Live, Gallery 1988, Galerie F, and The Logan Theater, among others,” Luke wrote.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful and Frightening: Mako Vice’s Bizarre Drawn Girls
- Shai-Hulud and Dream Worlds: Fantasy Illustrations by Marc Simonetti
- Cat Protection From Mind Control With Tin Foil Hats
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- Spectacular Photographs of Newcastle in the 1970s
- Through The Light And Darkness, Off The World And Back With Photographer Gueorgui Pinkhassov
- Finally, The 2022 Chicken Daddies Calendar Is Here!
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers