This Artist Continues to Craft A Creative Face Mask Every Day Of Self-Isolation
According to Matthias Kretschmer: “And the masquerade continues… I continue the mask project in the second lockdown. After the first corona mask project in the spring, I wanted to hang up the masks in the word’s truest sense. But during the second lockdown in Austria, the experiences in my own environment with the coronavirus and the events of the first days of November prompted and motivated me to continue the mask series.
While in spring, it was the motivation to keep those around me happy, since this lockdown, I see it as a primary goal to motivate people to wear the mask, not by warning, but with humor and charm.
In this lockdown, a new mask is created every day and presented via various social networks. The motifs make use of current global events, political decisions, or simply the artist’s experiences. In addition to the terrorist attack in Vienna and the USA’s presidential election, it is mainly film characters, pop art motifs, and heroic figures that Kretschmer embeds in these days’ current events. Each mask is unique, and behind each, there is a statement that they are not intended to warn. They are intended to entertain, but above all, to motivate. And not only to take the mask requirement seriously, but with humor, to take these days a little more calmly, enjoy the time with the family, and support local trade and the social environment.
How long the mask project will be continued is still unclear; the last mask will probably be designed when the new mask requirement ends. Today, a total of 100 masks have been designed; how many will follow is not yet in sight.”
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos Of People’s Choice Award For Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2021
- German Artist Shows What’s Problematic About Modern Societies In His Illustrations
- People Are Hilariously Roasting ‘Target’ Fashion Designers By Taking These Pics Wearing Their Dresses
- The Winners Of Hasselblad Masters 2021 Photo Competition
- Fascinating Black and White Pictures of New York Street Life in the Late 1960s
- Funny Comics With Unexpected Endings By Scribbly G
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of ’80s Young Women
- Jay Ohrberg’s Bizarre Double-Wide Limousine From the 1980s
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers