Stunning Welding Art By 23-Year-Old Welder From Chicago
Richard Lauth loves to weld. The 23-year-old Chicago resident is a welder-artist and Local 150 ASIP Operating Engineer that has a talent for working with metal: his creative work includes abstract and themed sculpture, decorations, and models.
Forge welding has existed since the Bronze Age, although the Greek historian Herodotus states that Glaucus of Chios “was the man who single-handedly invented iron welding” in the 5th century BCE. Scientific advances in the early 19th century lead to the invention of arc welding in 1881-82.
Follow Richard on Instagram.
Via Bored Panda
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Ocean Photography Awards 2021
- “Before I Forget”: The Colossal Pop Culture Artifacts From the Future Past by Ruben Kos
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s
- “We’re Volcanoes Just Waiting to Erupt”: The Superb Collages by Gary Pursell Klatt
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers