Stunning Welding Art By 23-Year-Old Welder From Chicago
Richard Lauth loves to weld. The 23-year-old Chicago resident is a welder-artist and Local 150 ASIP Operating Engineer that has a talent for working with metal: his creative work includes abstract and themed sculpture, decorations, and models.
Forge welding has existed since the Bronze Age, although the Greek historian Herodotus states that Glaucus of Chios “was the man who single-handedly invented iron welding” in the 5th century BCE. Scientific advances in the early 19th century lead to the invention of arc welding in 1881-82.
Follow Richard on Instagram.
Via Bored Panda
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- Stunning Colorized Photos Of Legendary Soviet Female Snipers From WWII, Including One Dubbed ‘Lady Death’ Who Killed 309 Nazis
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Thai Woman Cosplays As Zombie To Sell Dead People’s Clothes Online
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- These Marine-Themed Cakes Are The Coolest Treats We’ve Seen In A While
- What’s Wrong With Today’s Society Captured In Though-Provoking Illustrations By Al Margen
- “Dreaming Of Us”: The Superb Digital Cyberpunk And Dystopian Art Works Of Leopoldo D’Angelo