Stunning Welding Art By 23-Year-Old Welder From Chicago
Richard Lauth loves to weld. The 23-year-old Chicago resident is a welder-artist and Local 150 ASIP Operating Engineer that has a talent for working with metal: his creative work includes abstract and themed sculpture, decorations, and models.
Forge welding has existed since the Bronze Age, although the Greek historian Herodotus states that Glaucus of Chios “was the man who single-handedly invented iron welding” in the 5th century BCE. Scientific advances in the early 19th century lead to the invention of arc welding in 1881-82.
Follow Richard on Instagram.
Via Bored Panda
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 22 Rare Photos You’ll Never See In Textbooks
- An 80-Foot Steel Kraken Will Create An Artificial Coral Reef Near The British Virgin Islands
- Stunning Photographs Taken By Stanley Kubrick That Capture Street Scenes of New York City In The 1940s
- “I Want To Take You Higher”: Girls Of Woodstock, The Best Beauty And Style Moments From Summer 1969
- This Guy Shows The Secret Side Of Glamorous Instagram Photos
- Designer Puts The “Suit” In Wetsuit With $3,900 Optical Illusion
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- Japanese Photographer Makes Absolutely Breathtaking Vacuum-Sealed Wedding Photos
- “Anti-Selfies”: Artist Lies Facedown In Tourist Spots And Pretends To Be Dead
- Photographer Philippe Echaroux Used A McDonald’s Big Mac Box To Create Stunning Portraits