Stunning Welding Art By 23-Year-Old Welder From Chicago
Richard Lauth loves to weld. The 23-year-old Chicago resident is a welder-artist and Local 150 ASIP Operating Engineer that has a talent for working with metal: his creative work includes abstract and themed sculpture, decorations, and models.
Forge welding has existed since the Bronze Age, although the Greek historian Herodotus states that Glaucus of Chios “was the man who single-handedly invented iron welding” in the 5th century BCE. Scientific advances in the early 19th century lead to the invention of arc welding in 1881-82.
Follow Richard on Instagram.
Via Bored Panda
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Debbie Harry in Blue Dress, 1979
- Artist Cosplays As Well-Known Characters, Celebrities And Paintings
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- This Artist Uses Her Face As A Canvas
- A 58-Year-Old Lady Creates Magical Costumes That Can Transport You to Another World
- Artist Illustrates How Doing Anything Is Much Better When There Are Animals Around
- Funny Dark Humor Comics By Artist Jenna Noble
- Evocative Sculptures And Wearable Pieces Were Created With Ordinary Fabric
- Artist Used A.I. To See How Good It Would Be At Guessing What These Celebrities Looked Like As Teenagers
- British Artist Justin Bateman Creates Intricate Art Using Pebbles