This Bride Spends $170 And 8 Months Crocheting Her Own Beautiful Wedding Dress
22-year-old Abbey Ramirez-Bodly decided to make her own wedding dress after struggling to find an affordable gown. While we’d have ended up with a white sack, she got to wear the dress of her dreams.
Abbey, from Arkansas, US, couldn’t find a dress within her budget.
The vintage-style dresses she loved were all over $1,000.
But crafty Abbey, who taught by her aunt to crochet when she was just 3 years old, knew she could make something beautiful on a budget.
She spent $70 on cotton yarn and spent 8 months crocheting.
She said, “Making something with your own hands out of love is very special on the most important day of your life.”
After spending $100 on a green dress to go underneath the crochet, the total cost of the dress was $170.
She described wearing the dress as “Amazing. It was emotional.”
“Especially when you put that much time and love into something.”
“When I put it on I was, for one, amazed that it looked exactly like what I thought it would look like in my head.”
We think the dress, something beautiful made with love and perseverance, is symbolic of a marriage itself. Abbey did an amazing job and we wish her all the best as a newlywed!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Forensic Artist Reconstructs Face From A Skull-Shaped Vodka Bottle
- Italian Artist Illustrates the Sad Truth of Modern Life
- Once You See These Rare Historical Photos, You’ll Never Forget Them
- Rare Photographs Reveal British Soldiers Manning Anti-Aircraft Guns in Full Drag in World War II
- Amazing Photographs Capture Punk Scenes in East Germany During the 1980s
- Italian Artist Proves Tattoos Look Good On More Than People’s Skin By Putting Them On His Sculptures
- This Instagram Account Creates Sinister Parodies of Kid’s Cooks To Ruin Your Childhood Memories
- Valentin Pavageau, the Traveler of a Psychedelic Universe
- These Photos Will Blow Your Mind – Russia In The 90s Through The Lens With French Photographer Lise Sarfati
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers