This Bride Spends $170 And 8 Months Crocheting Her Own Beautiful Wedding Dress
22-year-old Abbey Ramirez-Bodly decided to make her own wedding dress after struggling to find an affordable gown. While we’d have ended up with a white sack, she got to wear the dress of her dreams.
Abbey, from Arkansas, US, couldn’t find a dress within her budget.
The vintage-style dresses she loved were all over $1,000.
But crafty Abbey, who taught by her aunt to crochet when she was just 3 years old, knew she could make something beautiful on a budget.
She spent $70 on cotton yarn and spent 8 months crocheting.
She said, “Making something with your own hands out of love is very special on the most important day of your life.”
After spending $100 on a green dress to go underneath the crochet, the total cost of the dress was $170.
She described wearing the dress as “Amazing. It was emotional.”
“Especially when you put that much time and love into something.”
“When I put it on I was, for one, amazed that it looked exactly like what I thought it would look like in my head.”
We think the dress, something beautiful made with love and perseverance, is symbolic of a marriage itself. Abbey did an amazing job and we wish her all the best as a newlywed!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- Artist Shows How Cartoon Characters Would Look In Real Life, And The Result Is Scary And Disturbing
- “The Loneliest Road Trip”: Travels Through An Empty America In Photographs By Arnaud Montagard
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring