This Bride Spends $170 And 8 Months Crocheting Her Own Beautiful Wedding Dress
22-year-old Abbey Ramirez-Bodly decided to make her own wedding dress after struggling to find an affordable gown. While we’d have ended up with a white sack, she got to wear the dress of her dreams.
Abbey, from Arkansas, US, couldn’t find a dress within her budget.
The vintage-style dresses she loved were all over $1,000.
But crafty Abbey, who taught by her aunt to crochet when she was just 3 years old, knew she could make something beautiful on a budget.
She spent $70 on cotton yarn and spent 8 months crocheting.
She said, “Making something with your own hands out of love is very special on the most important day of your life.”
After spending $100 on a green dress to go underneath the crochet, the total cost of the dress was $170.
She described wearing the dress as “Amazing. It was emotional.”
“Especially when you put that much time and love into something.”
“When I put it on I was, for one, amazed that it looked exactly like what I thought it would look like in my head.”
We think the dress, something beautiful made with love and perseverance, is symbolic of a marriage itself. Abbey did an amazing job and we wish her all the best as a newlywed!
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- There’s an Atmospheric Abandoned Jurassic Park Located in the Heart of Russia
- Spectacular Winning Images of The Bird Photographer of the Year 2021
- Vintage Cars, Palms & Backyard Pools in Californian Inspired Paintings by Danny Heller
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Sensual Black and White Portrait Photos of Goldie Hawn Taken by Joseph Klipple in 1964
- Stunning Entries of The 2021 Perpignan’s Festival of Photojournalism
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- French Artist Adds Celebrities Into Classical Paintings