Vintage Adverts Of Hair Necessities For Men From The 1970s
Whilst the world of ladies’ grooming and hair care products seems to be constantly evolving and presenting new and ever more challenging products the main thing us chaps need to worry about according to the magazine and newspaper advertising is er, dandruff. Now call us old stick in the muds but we reckon that whilst products (and the marketing therein) for the fairer sex have improved beyond comparison we seem to have got a bum deal. In fact we would argue that things have in fact moved backwards.
Take a look at this plethora of tonsorial advertising from back in the day for such essential products as men’s hairspray, Brylcreem, what appears to be some kind of moustache shampoo and more combs than you can shake a stick at. Now does our hair and do our ‘taches get that kind of attention today? Absolutely not and we most certainly are not happy about it.
So, back to a time when hirsute men were valued for their hirsuteness and advertisers recognized the value of the pound (or dollar) in a man’s wallet (which is more than they do now!)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Logo Designer Creates Adorable Illustrations Inspired By All Kinds Of Things
- “Phantasmagoric Ecstasy”: The Superb Collage Artworks of Michelle Concetta
- Lamborghini Athon, an Amazing But Forgotten Concept Car From 1980
- This Is Supercool 3D Printed Jesus Mecha Christ Transformer
- This Guy Photoshops His Dog Into A Giant In All His Pics And It’s Hilarious
- This Makeup Artist Transforms Herself Into Various Celebrities And Popular Characters
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Inspiring Photo Quotes By Alander Wong
- Artist Draws Extremely Realistic Drawings Using Only A Pencil
- Stunning Photo Manipulations Of Animals Photoshopped Into The Most Random Things By Les Creatonautes