Vintage Adverts Of Hair Necessities For Men From The 1970s
Whilst the world of ladies’ grooming and hair care products seems to be constantly evolving and presenting new and ever more challenging products the main thing us chaps need to worry about according to the magazine and newspaper advertising is er, dandruff. Now call us old stick in the muds but we reckon that whilst products (and the marketing therein) for the fairer sex have improved beyond comparison we seem to have got a bum deal. In fact we would argue that things have in fact moved backwards.
Take a look at this plethora of tonsorial advertising from back in the day for such essential products as men’s hairspray, Brylcreem, what appears to be some kind of moustache shampoo and more combs than you can shake a stick at. Now does our hair and do our ‘taches get that kind of attention today? Absolutely not and we most certainly are not happy about it.
So, back to a time when hirsute men were valued for their hirsuteness and advertisers recognized the value of the pound (or dollar) in a man’s wallet (which is more than they do now!)
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 20 Punk Bands Of The 1980s You’ve Never Heard Of
- Wasteland Weekend 2019: Crazy Faces, Costumes And Vehicles Of The World’s Biggest Post-Apocalyptic Desert Festival
- This Mind-Numbing Machine By Blake Fall-Conroy Lets You Experience Making The Minimum Wage
- Artist Redesigned Famous Logos, Printed Them Out And Repackaged Them In A Way That Will Mess With Your Head … In A Good Way
- Last Breath: Amazing Dark Horror, Bizarre And Nightmare Paintings By Oleg Vdovenko
- Hot Australian Firefighters Pose With Animals For The New 2020 Calendars
- Spectacular Winning Photos From The Wildlife Photographer Of The Year 2019
- People From Around The World Edited These Man And Woman Headshots To Look Trendy In Their Country
- Traveling Couple Captures Ethereal Images In The Most Unspoiled Places Around The World
- In Girls We Trust: The Superb Bic Pen Illustrations By Helena Hauss