Vintage Adverts Of Hair Necessities For Men From The 1970s
Whilst the world of ladies’ grooming and hair care products seems to be constantly evolving and presenting new and ever more challenging products the main thing us chaps need to worry about according to the magazine and newspaper advertising is er, dandruff. Now call us old stick in the muds but we reckon that whilst products (and the marketing therein) for the fairer sex have improved beyond comparison we seem to have got a bum deal. In fact we would argue that things have in fact moved backwards.
Take a look at this plethora of tonsorial advertising from back in the day for such essential products as men’s hairspray, Brylcreem, what appears to be some kind of moustache shampoo and more combs than you can shake a stick at. Now does our hair and do our ‘taches get that kind of attention today? Absolutely not and we most certainly are not happy about it.
So, back to a time when hirsute men were valued for their hirsuteness and advertisers recognized the value of the pound (or dollar) in a man’s wallet (which is more than they do now!)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Found Photos Show Fashion Styles of Young Women in the Late 1980s and Early ’90s
- Woman Spends Up to 11 Hours Turning Herself Into the Most Stunning Optical Illusions
- The Finalists of The 2020 Comedy Pet Photography Awards Have Been Announced, and They’re Pretty Damn Funny!
- This Tattoo Artist Specializes in ‘Secret Tattoos’ on the Roof of the Mouth
- Cowboys and Indians: Incredible Western Paintings by Mark Maggiori
- Stunning Aerial Photos Shows Luxury Cruise Ships Being Broken Up At a Dock in Turkey
- Indian Photographer Recreates Realistic Miniature Brands on His Desktop
- This Instagram Account Points Out How Much Celebrity Faces Have Changed Over The Years
- Stuck In The Real World: Characters From Cartoons And Movies Placed In Real Photos
- This Is How Our Beautiful Planet Earth Looks from Above These Days of Global Pandemic