Vintage Adverts Of Hair Necessities For Men From The 1970s
Whilst the world of ladies’ grooming and hair care products seems to be constantly evolving and presenting new and ever more challenging products the main thing us chaps need to worry about according to the magazine and newspaper advertising is er, dandruff. Now call us old stick in the muds but we reckon that whilst products (and the marketing therein) for the fairer sex have improved beyond comparison we seem to have got a bum deal. In fact we would argue that things have in fact moved backwards.
Take a look at this plethora of tonsorial advertising from back in the day for such essential products as men’s hairspray, Brylcreem, what appears to be some kind of moustache shampoo and more combs than you can shake a stick at. Now does our hair and do our ‘taches get that kind of attention today? Absolutely not and we most certainly are not happy about it.
So, back to a time when hirsute men were valued for their hirsuteness and advertisers recognized the value of the pound (or dollar) in a man’s wallet (which is more than they do now!)
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- 1,400-Year-Old Gingko Tree Sheds a Spectacular Ocean of Golden Leaves
- Cool Pics That Show People With Technologies In The 80s
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- Polish Photographer Creates Amazing Slavic Pagan Themed Photoshoot And Proves Slavs Have Amazing Culture
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- Old Superheroes: Artist Shows How Superheroes Will Look When They Retire
- Beautiful Baroque Architecture Bags
- These Are The Yoga Photos No One Wants To Put On Instagram
- This Man Spent 25 Years To Create The ”World Map” On The Banks Of Lake Klejtrup, Denmark
- Haunting Photographs Of The Hell Of Serra Pelada Mines In The 1980s