Vintage Adverts Of Hair Necessities For Men From The 1970s
Whilst the world of ladies’ grooming and hair care products seems to be constantly evolving and presenting new and ever more challenging products the main thing us chaps need to worry about according to the magazine and newspaper advertising is er, dandruff. Now call us old stick in the muds but we reckon that whilst products (and the marketing therein) for the fairer sex have improved beyond comparison we seem to have got a bum deal. In fact we would argue that things have in fact moved backwards.
Take a look at this plethora of tonsorial advertising from back in the day for such essential products as men’s hairspray, Brylcreem, what appears to be some kind of moustache shampoo and more combs than you can shake a stick at. Now does our hair and do our ‘taches get that kind of attention today? Absolutely not and we most certainly are not happy about it.
So, back to a time when hirsute men were valued for their hirsuteness and advertisers recognized the value of the pound (or dollar) in a man’s wallet (which is more than they do now!)
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- 30 Thought-Provoking And Honest Illustrations About Our Lives By Stephan Schmitz
- “Before I Forget”: The Colossal Pop Culture Artifacts From the Future Past by Ruben Kos
- Modern Logos in Chromatic Style by Martin Naumann
- One Eyeland World’s Top Black & White Photographers 2021
- Amazing Photos of the Third Generation of the Ford Thunderbird, 1961-1963
- Our Dystopian Future in Dark Cyberpunk Artworks of Nagafujiriku
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Ocean Photography Awards 2021
- The Art of Japanese Portrait Photography by Kishin Shinoyama
- John Thomson’s Remarkable Photographs of China from the 1870s