How A DIY Dress Helped One Woman Reclaim The Power Words Had On Her Body
Words have power. This is something Jojo Oldham knows all too well.
Whether you’re a soap star hearing lewd comments made by a politician 10 years ago or the average woman getting catcalled on her way home from work, what other people have to say about your body leave a lasting impression.
Over Oldham’s 31 years of existence, she’s received countless comments about her body — both good and bad. After years of letting these words affect how she sees herself, however, Oldham was finally ready to release them and embrace herself.
She took all the comments she’s heard about her body over the years and painted them on a dress. Posing for pictures, with a smile on her face, she took the power those words had over her and refused to let them dictate her self-worth any longer.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Asian Drivers Are Using Terrifying Reflective Decals On Rear Windows To Fight Against High-Beam Users
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Panoramic Photos That Went Horribly Wrong
- Famous Classic Album Covers Mashed Up With Star Wars Characters
- “Youth Gone Wild”: Stunning Photos Of The Russian Underground Dance Culture
- Cool Pics Of 20 Great ’80s Classic Cars That Time Forgot
- The Sky Swimming Pool At This Hotel Has A Window In It
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever
- This Man And His Cat Recreate Famous Movie Scenes And It’s Amazing!
- A Photographer Travels Across India To Show How Beautiful And Diverse Local People Are, And We’re Mesmerized