Mars Snow Globe Ditches Snow For Swirling Martian Dust Storm
Designer, Dan Abramson (previously), is at it again with the Mars Dust Globe, a modern twist on the classic water snow globe, where the snow is a mesmerizing Martian Dust Storm.
Features detailed texture of Valles Marineris, the Tharsis volcanoes, and Olympus Mons – the solar system’s tallest known planetary peak. Sculpted by the talented, Tim Barry.
“My dream is to get the children of Earth excited and curious about space exploration. We humans are on the edge of unknown frontiers, and my contribution to space innovation will be a snow globular one! I’ve made a batch in my studio, so I’ve already worked out the kinks. Now, I need funding to make my next run at a legitimate snow globe factory. This globe is the first of an entire suite of space toys I plan to make,” he wrote.
The globe had to not only achieve a great swirl, but it also had to eventually settle and become clear. Adding too much material would stain the water, and too little was no longer stunning.
“For my prototype version, I used an off-the-shelf aluminum air vent for the base, and sand blasted away the chrome coating. But that was too expensive and challenging to preserve without getting gnarly fingerprints all over it. So the final version will be a more perfect cylinder (made of metallic painted plastic).”
Here’s a sneak peak at what the packaging might look like.
Every mission needs an embroidered fabric mission patch! Celebrate an optimistic future where we’ve colonized the Red Planet.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Never Before Seen Photos of Bruce Lee From The Family Archive
- This House Is Currently Listed for $828K In Queens, NY Right Now
- Amazing Photographs Of Carrie Fisher On A Fire Escape In New York City, 1977
- 80-Year-Old Man Masters Excel To Create Amazing Paintings
- Shocking Photographs Show Japanese Drinkers Using Pavements, Doorways And A Plant Pot As Impromptu Pillows After Succumbing To The Effects Of Alcohol
- Cruising Van Nuys Boulevard In The Summer Of 1972 In Stunning Black And White Photos By Rick McCloskey
- Wonderful Intimate Photos Of Women Villagers Who Run The Show In Rural Russia
- This Teen Spent 400 Hours Creating A COVID-Themed Prom Dress Using Duct Tape
- David Bowie And His Ex-Wife Angie Taking Their Then 3-Week-Old Baby Zowie Out For A Walk In 1971
- Inverted Solo House Pyramid By TNA Architects