Mars Snow Globe Ditches Snow For Swirling Martian Dust Storm
Designer, Dan Abramson (previously), is at it again with the Mars Dust Globe, a modern twist on the classic water snow globe, where the snow is a mesmerizing Martian Dust Storm.
Features detailed texture of Valles Marineris, the Tharsis volcanoes, and Olympus Mons – the solar system’s tallest known planetary peak. Sculpted by the talented, Tim Barry.
“My dream is to get the children of Earth excited and curious about space exploration. We humans are on the edge of unknown frontiers, and my contribution to space innovation will be a snow globular one! I’ve made a batch in my studio, so I’ve already worked out the kinks. Now, I need funding to make my next run at a legitimate snow globe factory. This globe is the first of an entire suite of space toys I plan to make,” he wrote.
The globe had to not only achieve a great swirl, but it also had to eventually settle and become clear. Adding too much material would stain the water, and too little was no longer stunning.
“For my prototype version, I used an off-the-shelf aluminum air vent for the base, and sand blasted away the chrome coating. But that was too expensive and challenging to preserve without getting gnarly fingerprints all over it. So the final version will be a more perfect cylinder (made of metallic painted plastic).”
Here’s a sneak peak at what the packaging might look like.
Every mission needs an embroidered fabric mission patch! Celebrate an optimistic future where we’ve colonized the Red Planet.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Underwater Restaurant Has Been Completed In Norway And It Looks Out Of This World
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Vintage Photos Proving That The Beauty Of People From Previous Generations Is A Unique Thing
- An Artist Imagines If Popular Sodas Were Cartoon Character
- A Group Of Czech Students Recreate Weird And Strange Scenes From Medieval Books
- The Irish Farming Calendar For 2020 Is Here And It’s Really Quite Something
- Second Life Of The Canadian Truck In Russia
- This Tattoo Artist Can’t Draw And That’s Precisely Why Her Clients Choose Her
- These Awkward Vintage Christmas Album Covers
- Photographer Brent Stirton Captured Magnificent Images Of Mursi Warriors Of The Omo Valley In Ethiopia