Austria Postal Service Prints Coronavirus-Themed Stamp on Toilet Paper
The stamp was inspired by the panic-buying of toilet paper when COVID-19 first hit Europe in the spring. It shows a baby elephant, a symbol which has encouraged citizens to keep their distance during the pandemic.
The national delivery service said it got the idea for the three-layered stamp when hygienic products, in particular toilet paper, became a symbol for panic-buying. The splurges were sparked by lockdowns implemented to curb infections as the pandemic took hold across Europe earlier this year.
The stamp shows an image of a baby elephant, which has been used in Austria to symbolize the 1-meter (3.2 feet) physical distancing advice used in the European country to avoid the spread of the novel virus.
The novelty doesn’t end there, though. The stamp has the unusual value of €2.75 plus a surcharge of €2.75 ($3.25), as the mail service donates half of the price to help those who have been severely affected by the pandemic.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Amazing Behind the Scenes Photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, 1984
- These Smart And Hilarious Illustrations Take The Most Unexpected Turns
- This Artist Draws Pictures to Show That Everything Has a Flip Side
- Spectacular Winning Photos Of Minimalist Photography Awards 2021
- This Artist Creates Comics Full Of Puns And Funny Twists
- Powerful Illustrations By Japanese Artist That Will Make You Think
- These Women Let Hairdresser Kristina Katsabina Cut Their Long Hair And Did Not Regret It
- Photographer Daniel Sachon Imagines What Marilyn Monroe Would Be Like Today
- Candid Photographs Captured Prostitution Scenes in Paris in 1966
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s