Here’s What Nefertiti And Others Would Look Like If They Were Alive Today
Becca Saladin (previously), who works as a full-time graphic designer, created the Royalty Now series as a way to bring the past into the present and to help us look at history from a new angle. Check out Becca’s newest historical reimaginings below and remember to upvote your faves. Let us know which of the artist’s pieces you enjoyed the most, too.
Becca started reimagining historical figures using her skills as a graphic designer around a year and a half ago. What started as a hobby has since blossomed into something much bigger, as the 262k fans following the Royalty Now Instagram account will let you know.
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Ever since she was a child, Becca has been interested in art. She was always painting and sketching when she was small. She became interested in history because her parents would read to her a lot while her mom would do art and science projects with her. So it’s safe to say that she’s been on the path to what she’s doing now since very early on in life.
“The first book my dad read to me about history was a fictionalized young adult version of the Anne Boleyn story. I became obsessed with Tudor history after that. I also loved Pompeii, ancient Egyptian mummies, and anything else that helped me feel close to the people of the past. I think that is why I enjoy making the recreations so much,” the graphic designer said.
She came up with the idea to reimagine historical figures when she was looking at a portrait of Anne Boleyn one day. That’s when Becca started thinking about what Boleyn would look like today because she doesn’t look very lifelike in her portraits.
“I saw someone else on Reddit try something similar with Tudor wives and I’d seen the recreations of Roman statues. I’ve always loved Photoshop and what a powerful tool it is, so I decided to try and recreate some of my own and then just kept going,” she went into detail about how she decided to start her Royalty Now project.
Catherine Of Aragon
Yoruba Ruler – Bronze Ife Head
Cyrus The Great
Suleiman The Magnificent
Elizabeth Of York
Dido Elizabeth Belle
Catherine De’ Medici
Lady Jane Grey
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Beautiful Photos of Jane Birkin at Home Taken by Jean-Claude Deutsch in 1971
- French Artist Creates Illustrations That Challenge Society’s Standards For Women
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- Photographer Amanda Jones Shows A Dog’s Love Is Timeless
- Photographer Captures Couples Who Switch Outfits, and the Results Are Hilarious
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- This Elderly German Couple Steals The Show Every Time They Go Out
- “Moments Around the World”: Amazing Cinematic Travel and Street Photography by Billy Dinh
- Hilarious Dictionary of Finnish Language And Culture
- Space Colony Art from the 1970s