Brave Mum Dresses As Wonder Woman For Last Day Of Chemo
Mom of two Danielle Javernig, aged 43, was diagnosed with an incredibly rare cancer in May. To show her courage, for her final chemotherapy session she dressed as superhero Wonder Woman.
She told the Daily Mail: “All through chemo you feel very sick and horrible. On the last day I wanted it to not be like that — at all.”
Danielle has the BRCA1 gene, a hereditary gene mutation that greatly increases a woman’s risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
Danielle has undergone a double mastectomy, had 32 lymph nodes removed, and had multiple chemotherapy sessions. She’s due to have a hysterectomy in the new year.
To show strength in the face of adversity, Danielle went to her last day of chemo dressed as Wonder Woman while friends and family also donned costumes.
Hospital staff and patients were moved and inspired by Danielle’s bravery.
“Everybody was telling me how wonderful it was, they said I brightened their day,” she said.
Danielle’s twin girls, Abby and Sophie, also dressed up.
Throughout her treatment, Danielle found strength in her daughters, saying: “It’s a good way for me to be stronger and keep it together for them.”
“Otherwise I think I would have fallen apart a lot more,” she added.
Danielle is now encouraging all women to be heroes and undergo ultrasound scans, as well as mammograms, to detect rarer cancers.
Danielle is still undergoing radiotherapy and has encouraged her family to get tested for cancer in the hope that she is the only one to suffer the illness. We wish this truly heroic lady a super speedy recovery.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Sophie Prestigiacomo’s ‘Homo Algus’ Invites Swamp Creatures Out Of The Wild
- A Finnish Factory Worker Dies, Leaving Behind A Wonderland Sculpture Garden
- Incredible Photos Of Two Roman Ships Which Were Recovered After 2,000 Years In 1929 And Lost Again During WWII
- Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits Of Famous Historical Figures And Their Direct Descendants
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- “The Loneliest Road Trip”: Travels Through An Empty America In Photographs By Arnaud Montagard
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Vintage Portraits Of Psychiatric Patients In The Late 19th Century
- From Amazing To Downright Scary, These 69 Design Decisions In Soviet Apartment Buildings In Lithuania Are Far From Boring
- 35 Brides Before And After Their Wedding Makeup That You’ll Barely Recognize