Traffic Sign In Texas Displays Witty Warnings Of Global Warming
While some who saw this variable message sign in Houston though it had been hacked, it’s actually a roadside art installation by Brooklyn artist Justin Brice Guariglia.
The words come from Rice University professor Timothy Morton, author of Dark Ecology: For a Logic of Future Coexistence.
Timothy Morton argues that ecological awareness in the present Anthropocene era takes the form of a strange loop or Möbius strip, twisted to have only one side. Deckard travels this oedipal path in Blade Runner (1982) when he learns that he might be the enemy he has been ordered to pursue. Ecological awareness takes this shape because ecological phenomena have a loop form that is also fundamental to the structure of how things are.
The solar-powered sign, located at the Gus S. Wortham Memorial Fountain, will be displayed through August.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- 2020 Miss Mexico Contestants Compete In Traditional Outfits And They Are Amazing
- Spectacular Winning Photos from The Weather Photographer of the Year 2020 Awards
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful
- Cock And Balls: A Photo Study Of Rock Gods’ Packages In Very Tight Trousers
- “Porn Fashions”: Obscenely Tasteless Apparel From 1980s Adult Magazines
- Here’s What Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Caligula And Others Would Look Like Today
- Christine Rai’s Comics Prove You Actually Can Make Art From Bad Tan Lines & Microaggressions
- The Scariest Halloween Pumpkins Ever Carved
- Breathtaking Underwater Photography By André Musgrove
- From The Depths Of Your Nightmares – The Fantastically Disturbing Creepy Art Of Trevor Henderson