Traffic Sign In Texas Displays Witty Warnings Of Global Warming
While some who saw this variable message sign in Houston though it had been hacked, it’s actually a roadside art installation by Brooklyn artist Justin Brice Guariglia.
The words come from Rice University professor Timothy Morton, author of Dark Ecology: For a Logic of Future Coexistence.
Timothy Morton argues that ecological awareness in the present Anthropocene era takes the form of a strange loop or Möbius strip, twisted to have only one side. Deckard travels this oedipal path in Blade Runner (1982) when he learns that he might be the enemy he has been ordered to pursue. Ecological awareness takes this shape because ecological phenomena have a loop form that is also fundamental to the structure of how things are.
The solar-powered sign, located at the Gus S. Wortham Memorial Fountain, will be displayed through August.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- This Photographer Turns Vintage Photos Into Surreal Works Of Art
- Facebook Group Photoshops Plus-Sized Women To ‘Inspire’ Them To Lose Weight
- Obama, Merkel, And Putin As Leading Actors In Famous Movies
- 45 Rare And Amazing Color Photographs Of Behind The Scenes From The Set Of ‘Alien’, 1979
- Honest Logos That Reflect Unfortunate Truths About Transnational Multi-Billion-Dollar Conglomerates By Viktor Hertz
- 25 Year Old British Man Dresses As A 19th Century Regency Gentleman In Bespoke Clothing He Designs
- An Artist Made Stunning Illustrations About Modern Society
- Classic Rock And New Wave Songs Brilliantly Reimagined As Vintage Pulp Fiction Paperbacks
- Fantastic Pencil Sculptures By Jasenko Đorđević
- Fantastic Digital Art & Photo Manipulations By Cristian Girotto