Traffic Sign In Texas Displays Witty Warnings Of Global Warming
While some who saw this variable message sign in Houston though it had been hacked, it’s actually a roadside art installation by Brooklyn artist Justin Brice Guariglia.
The words come from Rice University professor Timothy Morton, author of Dark Ecology: For a Logic of Future Coexistence.
Timothy Morton argues that ecological awareness in the present Anthropocene era takes the form of a strange loop or Möbius strip, twisted to have only one side. Deckard travels this oedipal path in Blade Runner (1982) when he learns that he might be the enemy he has been ordered to pursue. Ecological awareness takes this shape because ecological phenomena have a loop form that is also fundamental to the structure of how things are.
The solar-powered sign, located at the Gus S. Wortham Memorial Fountain, will be displayed through August.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V