Traffic Sign In Texas Displays Witty Warnings Of Global Warming
While some who saw this variable message sign in Houston though it had been hacked, it’s actually a roadside art installation by Brooklyn artist Justin Brice Guariglia.
The words come from Rice University professor Timothy Morton, author of Dark Ecology: For a Logic of Future Coexistence.
Timothy Morton argues that ecological awareness in the present Anthropocene era takes the form of a strange loop or Möbius strip, twisted to have only one side. Deckard travels this oedipal path in Blade Runner (1982) when he learns that he might be the enemy he has been ordered to pursue. Ecological awareness takes this shape because ecological phenomena have a loop form that is also fundamental to the structure of how things are.
The solar-powered sign, located at the Gus S. Wortham Memorial Fountain, will be displayed through August.
Leave Your Comment Below:
More Inspiring Stories:
- Japan’s First Female Photojournalist Is Still Shooting At The Age Of 101
- Pink Champagne Fox Miko
- Rare Photos Of Hachiko, The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- The Double Standards Of Our Society Revealed In 47 Comics
- Extraordinary Black And White Photographs Of London In The Early 1950s
- Honest Portraits: Unvarnished Russia In Emotional Black & White Photographs By Oleg Videnin
- Meanwhile In “Paris Fashion Week”… Have Fashion Designers Gone Insane?
- Amazing Examples Of The Live-Action Reference Filmed For Disney’s “Cinderella” In 1950 As You’ve Never Seen Before
- This Instagram Account Collects The Worst Interior Designs Ideas
- Stunning Photos Of Actress Ingrid Bergman As Joan Of Arc In 1948