The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition
Lanakila MacNaughton is a Portland based photographer and motorcyclist. Involved in many outdoor sports from a young age, Lana began documenting her experiences through photography. After developing a passion for motorcycles in her early twenties, she started documenting many facets of motorcycle culture through her lens. Lana shoots in medium format on a Hasselblad CM.
“I created The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition to document the new wave of modern female motorcyclists. I want to reveal the brave, courageous and beautiful women that live to ride. The show is a vehicle which promotes a new perception of female empowerment and inspires an independence and liberation through motorcycling. The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition is a traveling show. I hope to help discover and present female riders from all different communities, riding backgrounds, styles, and influence connectivity amongst riders from these different areas. I want to change the way women are peceived not only in the motorcycle world but society in general. I invite different communities and venues to host the photo exhibit to aid in this discovery. I hope to promote and present, the freedom, independence, excitement and personalities’ of “the born to be free” woman motorcyclists.” – Lanakila MacNaughton.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Japanese Photographer Releases Book Of Breasts And Cats
- Slav Romance: Heartbreaking Drama Story In Ten Pictures
- Offensive Plates To Insult Your Guests With Class
- These Incredible Sand Sculptures By Andoni Bastarrika Are The Ultimate Childhood Dream
- 12 Screen Adaptation Characters Who Are Significantly Different From The Original
- Artist Reveals What Fonts Were Used To Design Famous Logos
- “Back To The Nature”: Artist Combines Everyday Objects With Plants To Create Intriguing Sculptures And Installations
- Photographer Captures The Best (Worst?) Mullets From MulletFest 2020
- Swedish Artist Group Called Anonymouse Continues To Create Tiny Houses For Mouses The Around City
- “Eighth Wonder Of The World”: The Sacred Orthodox Rock Church Of Saint George In Lalibela, Ethiopia