The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition
Lanakila MacNaughton is a Portland based photographer and motorcyclist. Involved in many outdoor sports from a young age, Lana began documenting her experiences through photography. After developing a passion for motorcycles in her early twenties, she started documenting many facets of motorcycle culture through her lens. Lana shoots in medium format on a Hasselblad CM.
“I created The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition to document the new wave of modern female motorcyclists. I want to reveal the brave, courageous and beautiful women that live to ride. The show is a vehicle which promotes a new perception of female empowerment and inspires an independence and liberation through motorcycling. The Women’s Motorcycle Exhibition is a traveling show. I hope to help discover and present female riders from all different communities, riding backgrounds, styles, and influence connectivity amongst riders from these different areas. I want to change the way women are peceived not only in the motorcycle world but society in general. I invite different communities and venues to host the photo exhibit to aid in this discovery. I hope to promote and present, the freedom, independence, excitement and personalities’ of “the born to be free” woman motorcyclists.” – Lanakila MacNaughton.
Leave Your Comment Below
More Inspiring Stories
- Wonderland Abandoned: The Swift Fall of “Europe’s Biggest Theme Park”
- This Brilliant Dad Shoots Classic Pictures Of His Daughter Inspired From Old Oil-Paintings
- Spectacular Winning Photos of The Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Finally, The 2022 Fat Cat Art Calendar Is Here!
- These Illustrations Show What’s Wrong With The Modern Society
- Portraits of Swiss “Halbstarken” Girls With Very Big Hair in the 1950s and 1960s
- Painfully True Facts About Our Lives
- Finally, “Squid Game” Costumes For Your Pets
- The Story Behind John Lennon’s Psychedelic Rolls-Royce Phantom V
- Dreamy Photographs Of Young Women Taken By David Hamilton From The 1970s